Thread: IGF Finalists are known

IGF Finalists are known

The IGF organizers have revealed the main competition finalists for the 2008 Independent Games Festival.
    Regrettably, jasonf, who entered with Crashblock , does not appear among them.

Head over to the list and see for yourself what games did make it.

IGF Finalists are known

"physics" everywere in the page :lol:

"Crayon Physics Deluxe" is awesome
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

IGF Finalists are known

Quote Originally Posted by arthurprs
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QsTqspnvAaI&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QsTqspnvAaI&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I agree, that is one of the most innovative games on that list.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

IGF Finalists are known

I have looked at a few of the entries - the standard is very high.

The crayon one stands out as being very fresh and different.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Re: IGF Finalists are known

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    The IGF organizers have revealed the main competition finalists for the 2008 Independent Games Festival.
    Regrettably, jasonf, who entered with Crashblock , does not appear among them.

Head over to the list and see for yourself what games did make it.
    Damn shame that Jason's game didn't make it

cheers,
    Paul

IGF Finalists are known

I'm not sad that Crashblock didn't make the final list. The quality of the games in the list looks amazing.

There's always Next year anyway ;-)

To be fair, I've had a fairly lukewarm commercial response to Crashblock so far, but I've had a lot of good feedback from some people and I've got a list of things I'm going to add to it to knock it up a level. That work will start in the new year. On the list are New Animations for Jenny with different costumes for different levels. An energy power-up system powered by collecting the fruit, different types of blocks which affect the game in different ways.

I'm also putting ideas together for my next game... but I'm not going to talk about that yet.

IGF Finalists are known

I love Crayon Physics, but until Deluxe is released I'm quite happy playing with Marker World (a minimal knock off) http://www.gamedev.net/community/for...opic_id=474421.

IGF Finalists are known

Quote Originally Posted by arthurprs
    "physics" everywere in the page :lol:

It's nice Remembers me Incredible Machine in some way