Thread: Texture Mapping in Delphi

Texture Mapping in Delphi

For the past few weeks in the time between work I've been porting texture mapping code originally written in C/C++. The reason is that it could be particularly useful on embedded systems and, of course, for demo scene contests, such as TMDC.

As a result, I've published a sample project, which shows some of the popular algorithms that were previously used in C/C++ and now are available in Delphi. They can be converted to FreePascal/Lazarus with minimal effort.

The project features Affine Texture Mapping, Perspective Texture Mapping, Polygon Clipping using Sutherland-Hodgman algorithm and vector transformation using SIMD/SSE instructions. These algorithms are used in a sample 3D software rendering pipeline, which is capable of displaying textured 3D meshes. An algorithm for generating a PQ Torus Knot in run-time is also provided.

You can obtain the project at this location..
    Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Screenshot:

This sounds great!

I am going to look at the source code as earlier on this year I did make a simple OpenGL based software renderer, but I couldn't get perspective texture mapping working. It was also very slow on the gp2x when I tried it there (the main reason I wrote it).

keep up the great work lifepower!
    cheers,
    Paul

Very nice, I tried to write a software renderer once. Never got past wireframe cube.