Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quake I to Delphi with HalfLife and CounterStrike map loader

Quake I to Delphi with HalfLife and CounterStrike map loader

Quake to Delphi )

This is a stable version of Delphi GLQuake. In this version you can load maps from Half-Life and Counter-Strike.

you can download full sources here : www.sibvrv.com

Special thanks to Jim Valavanis

Cool stuff. Bumped to news item.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

Very cool indeed! I was wondering when the first was going to be ported. In fact I'm still wondering what happened to the translation project for the 3rd Quake engine...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

WILL, may be in the next year i translate Quake 3 ... but realy it is not so interesting

I think the Quake 3 port was abandoned. Only I and II are fully ported at the moment. Having Quake 3 in Delphi with full shader support would be interesting.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Dom, shaders in Quake 3 is very simple ... only few static images moving and scaling )))

Did Quake 3 have per pixel lighting and soft shadows? I don't remember the graphics being that nice.

Pretty sure not. Most games I saw with Q3 used a circular shadow texture, and pre-baked lightmaps for most areas. In JKII: Outcast I never saw a dynamic light besides weapons, explosions, or exhaust trails.

Dom, in Quake 3 only stencil shadows with lightmaps and Texture effects based on multitexture mask... in Doom 3 / Quake 4 nice shaders ))

Those screenies look awesome. :clap:

Unfortunatly i cant run the app, because Vista doesn't support IPX.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast