Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple Surfaces Does Not Work with Hardware Acceleration

Multiple Surfaces Does Not Work with Hardware Acceleration

What we found was that users with intel chipset and s70 etc only had the basic Microsoft driver and they could not run our software.

So I am just warning that you may want to do a bit testing on different hardware, especially laptops with crappy chipsets etc before committing to full scale development.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

Multiple Surfaces Does Not Work with Hardware Acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by gregchant
    After I posted my message last night, I took another look at Asphyre and downloaded Asphyre Extreme, which looks like a better fit for me than Asphyre Casual as there is some minimal documentation and there are VCL components (which I like though I understand they are not necessary). Do people think Asphyre is the best DirectX library or should I look at PhoenixLib or Andorra 2D?

As for OpenGL, do people think DGLOpenGL.pas is the way to go if using OpenGL?
    I do not have experience with Asphyre but I've seen games/demos made with it (Wicked Defense for example). Don't know if it's the best around, but I believe it is more than capable replacing delphix games.
    As far as PhoenixLib goes, it's a more than viable alternative to a DirectX counterpart. I'm currently using it to rebuild Village Defense from the ground up and I'm very pleased with the results.

If you want to pursue the opengl route I would not suggest using DGLOpenGL.pas, but to use PhoenixLib instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12