Quote Originally Posted by dmantione
Quote Originally Posted by savage
[list]Cut Scene engine - Thats right basically a story telling engine that is typically used to push the story along. Think Machinima, but could be 2D or 3D. Maybe picking your favourite movie scene and re-creating it with computer graphics and code. NO pre-rendered stuff, it must all be scripted and real-time.

A game that can be controlled by someone with disabilities. EG, controlled by 1 key press, voice recognition, webcam interaction etc.

A maze based game.

A sport based game (arcade or manager/statistical style) as it is the Olympics this year.

An educational game.
I strongly disagree with these. They are genres, not themes.
OK I can see your point but you need to look at these in a different way.

A sports based game, this could be a made up sport or futuristic one. You're right in that all the entries would be sports based but there is no need to expect all the entries to be football games etc

A maze based game, OK so may be you'd expect all the entries to be pacman clones but what's to stop you having a first person shooter in a labyrinth. What about a "first out of the maze" driving game where you can drop road blocks to change the maze and hinder others ?

A game for someone with disabilities. This could be any type of game you just need to control it in a different way. If someone has limited movement or some other impartment, why should they be denied the fun of playing the games we do.

An educational game, again this could be almost any type of game. You would just need to implement some form of learning. Off the top of my head I'm thinking of a stealth shooter style of game. At various points you have to hack into a computer. You actually have to write some "Pascal" code in the game to complete a task. See how you are teaching someone Pascal and they are playing a game. OK so its not going to be used in schools but I'm just trying to get across that you need to think outside of the box.