@Lifepower: i also like that idea, but i'm not giving up thinking of a good compo theme

Another idea:

Making a game with as less code as possible, but still with cool gameplay. This would be a nice coding challenge. You have to carefully think out your design, and efficiently use modules to minimize the ammount of code. Ofcourse, the engine you are using isn't taken into account.

In such a compo, everyone must show their sources to the judges, who check the ammount of lines used (empty lines do not count). Extra points are awarded to those who use a minimal ammount of code while having interesting gameplay, cool graphical effects etc. One of the judges could write a simple tool that count's the lines of a list of files, and assigns points according to the ammount of lines counted. This app should be open-source, so everyone exactly know's how it works, and cheating is no option.

You could also set a maximum ammount of lines e.g 2500 or 4000 (blank's not taken into account). If someone exceeds this limit, no extra points are awarded for line count.

I know this idea should be carefully thought out, but it allows all kinds of games etc, so
everyone should have a chance.

Hope you like this idea.