Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goto, Sprites... help! =0

Goto, Sprites... help! =0

Quote Originally Posted by cronodragon
    For your information, I just started a tool to port Object Pascal programs to virtual machines. But I don't know how much time it will take. It will support J2ME, Flash 8 Player, Flash 9 Player, and probably .NET.

Regards!
    -Marco
    Hi Marco,
    I had thought of starting a similar project but hadn't the time...

I was going to start with a pascal parser to create a parse tree that I could then convert to other source code and/or assembly, or byte codes.

Good luck with your project :-)

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
    Hi Marco,

I was going to start with a pascal parser to create a parse tree that I could then convert to other source code and/or assembly, or byte codes.

cheers,
    Paul
    Hey, thanks a lot Paul.

I started this project since I was looking for a way to port Pascal to Flash and also to J2ME platforms. The best solution would be to have FPC generate bytecode for those virtual machines. I asked at Lazarus and FPC mailing lists, but they are not interested in modifying it, since that means a "mutilation" of Pascal... something I agree with. But maybe making this project, even if it is unperfect, FPC developers might become interested and add some sort of "paradigm" directive the compiler.

I think Pascal is not only the most elegant language created, it can also be a versatile language that shapes itself to become the tool a developer requires to solve any problem. I'm working on beta 0.3, and now it ports simple "Hello World!" programs to Actionscript, compiling with MTASC, an open source AS 2 compiler that is faster and more optimal than Macromedia Flash 8 compiler. Hope to finish this project and that someday it gets completely obsolete by a new version of FPC that compiles bytecode.

Hi Marco,

cheers,
    Paul
    Hey, thanks a lot Paul.

I started this project since I was looking for a way to port Pascal to Flash and also to J2ME platforms. The best solution would be to have FPC generate bytecode for those virtual machines. I asked at Lazarus and FPC mailing lists, but they are not interested in modifying it, since that means a "mutilation" of Pascal... something I agree with. But maybe making this project, even if it is unperfect, FPC developers might become interested and add some sort of "paradigm" directive the compiler.

I think Pascal is not only the most elegant language created, it can also be a versatile language that shapes itself to become the tool a developer requires to solve any problem. I'm working on beta 0.3, and now it ports simple "Hello World!" programs to Actionscript, compiling with MTASC, an open source AS 2 compiler that is faster and more optimal than Macromedia Flash 8 compiler. Hope to finish this project and that someday it gets completely obsolete by a new version of FPC that compiles bytecode.
    I totaly agree and I think Pascal rocks! The project sounds neat, even in this early stage.
    I wouldn't mind seeing what you have come up with currently.

Talking about compilers, I did make my own simple Pascal like scripting language a couple of years ago after reading the "Let's Build a Compiler" site http://compilers.iecc.com/crenshaw/ on how to make compilers using Pascal.

It "compiled' the langauge to byte codes that I ran in my own virtual machne. It had subroutines, recursion, and you could register Delphi routines that could be run by the scripting language.

You could also obviously run routines in the scripting language from Delphi as well. I was quite pleased with it at the time :-)

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard70
    MidlElvis Pascal is back!
    Here are some more russian pages (translated).
    Interesting how they explain the program structure

http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=it&ie=UTF8

http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=it&ie=UTF8
    Thanks for these code examples, it is different from the examples that i learned from in the manual...interestingly there seems to be break command which might help you out of your GOTO dilemma...I've not run any of the code but have bookmarked these. So thanks very much for your help!
    Determined to crack this programming lark...

To; cronodragon and Paul_Nicholls...what you are doing and have done sounds really cool...if you can evolve in PASCAL another way of creating MIDlets then that is good! There seems to be a missing product out there for people that don't want to use over complicated IDE's
    Determined to crack this programming lark...

Hi Marco,

cheers,
    Paul
    Hey, thanks a lot Paul.

Hi Marco,
    I have just found your project on sourceforge :-)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ptvm/

I have downloaded it and am taking a look :-)

Keep up the great work :-)

cheers,
    Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123