Quote Originally Posted by cronodragon
Quote Originally Posted by paul_nicholls
Hi Marco,
I had thought of starting a similar project but hadn't the time...

I was going to start with a pascal parser to create a parse tree that I could then convert to other source code and/or assembly, or byte codes.

Good luck with your project :-)

cheers,
Paul
Hey, thanks a lot Paul.

I started this project since I was looking for a way to port Pascal to Flash and also to J2ME platforms. The best solution would be to have FPC generate bytecode for those virtual machines. I asked at Lazarus and FPC mailing lists, but they are not interested in modifying it, since that means a "mutilation" of Pascal... something I agree with. But maybe making this project, even if it is unperfect, FPC developers might become interested and add some sort of "paradigm" directive the compiler.

I think Pascal is not only the most elegant language created, it can also be a versatile language that shapes itself to become the tool a developer requires to solve any problem. I'm working on beta 0.3, and now it ports simple "Hello World!" programs to Actionscript, compiling with MTASC, an open source AS 2 compiler that is faster and more optimal than Macromedia Flash 8 compiler. Hope to finish this project and that someday it gets completely obsolete by a new version of FPC that compiles bytecode.
Hi Marco,
I have just found your project on sourceforge :-)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ptvm/

I have downloaded it and am taking a look :-)

Keep up the great work :-)

cheers,
Paul