Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's happened to Clootie???

What's happened to Clootie???

Guys it's all getting a bit worrying. What has happened to Clootie? He disappeared during the judging of the last competition and has not really been seen since.

Anyone know if he's ok?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Btw, for anyone who lives in Russia, his real name is Alexey Barkovoy.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

OMG... i was just thinking the same thing EXACTLY before i saw this thread :lol:

He always helped me with my DX problems, so a few weeks after he stopped posting, i started wondering what happened to him. He didn't come back. I was planning to start a "What happened to clootie" topic, but actually i never did.

Still don't know anything. His website hasn't been updated ever since. It's indeed odd that he disappeared. I thought he was very busy with his new DX10 headers, and he asked what conventions to use etc...

Hope he's still alive.... :?
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I actually met up with Alexey one year when he came to London. We had a beer in Leicester Square. He seemed like a cool guy.

I have found this Microsoft "Most Valuable Professional" profile that has been updated yesterday (I hope not automatically...). :think:
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

I think it's automatic. Once you are an MVP, you stay one, unless you do something really bad.

I was thinking the same last week. Still remember when I first came to this forums confusing his name as the name of the DX headers :lol: Hope he is well, and comes back soon, I was able to create my game engine thanks to his work.

I think he helped most of us. Also helped me with some stuff...

I hope hes ok...
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Clootie is the Pascal DirectX King We need him.
    Marmin^.Style

Has anyone tried emailing Clootie? It's been nearly a year since his last update, and usually within that timeframe he would have posted a demo or two of various concepts. His site has been disturbingly silent, though it is still there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast