Quote Originally Posted by marcov
Quote Originally Posted by Almindor
Hmm I should stop going to these forums. It's a danger to my health, all I see here is a bunch of idiots
Yes, this thread is pretty sad.
Then don't read it. I'm not bending your arm you know. I also see no need for you or Almindor to throw stuff out there with the flagrancy you do, since you should be grown men capable of seeing that I am already angry with Lazarus. So you snappishly respond in an attacking way to me in a manner quite provoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
People, do you know that Lazarus is not the only IDE for FPC?
Yes. I looked through SourceForge one slow afternoon. MSEide/MSEgui is the only one that is interesting to me but I haven't had the time to evaluate it. Dev-Pascal I don't like the feel of, just like the other Dev-line. And BadHim's FPC editor is outdated/abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Almindor
You didn't pay for the thing, you cannot expect it to be working 100%. You have no right to demand anything.
Then let me blow hot air. This is the most obvious answer. If I have no right to demand anything or to expect a decently functioning piece of software, then fine! But don't you complain about my complaints, because you've no right to demand my silence or obedience to the rank and file.

You have no right to demand my contentment with a partial piece of work the quality of Lazarus.

I hate babysitting programmers who are supposed to be competent. There'd be no need for this if there was a list of partial components, danger zones, instable code, and compiler warnings that warn of bad components. I know it's hard to write:
Code:
{$WARNING This code is untested and may not work correctly!}

I won't reply to anything else as it just came out as the start of a flamewar. If you don't like the thread either don't read it or don't respond, period. It's not my fault if you're embittered, have a chip on your shoulder, or a bug in your craw. I'm ticked about the problems and quality and there is nothing wrong, or even against the site rules, in voicing my displeasure. All I see are individuals acting trollish and trying to start a flamewar.

---

Delfi, if I remember correctly I did something with the brcc32 to get it to compile RC scripts by right-click and a menu item to compile them. Never thought to fool around with DCC32 itself. Though, I did manage to find a copy of D7.

I just hope Turbo Delphi works well this time, since I don't want to have to reformat again. (I just did three days ago.)