Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek
Lazarus uses BGR notation in hexadecimal colors and doesn't tell you this anywhere. The only way you learn this is by trial and error. So my colors were flawed because they were in RGB notation, like you would expect to have used. RGB is the "standard" in other pascal compilers, so why not Lazarus?
I bet it has soemthing to do with unix..

Aniway, Lazarus is a waste of a completely good compiler (FPC), too bad that there is no good standalone IDE for just the FPC, the odd default compiler settings of lazarus, and their stubborn effort to support all the various platforms and widgetsets without a single hack has produced a unstable unpolished ide, which has many bugs in the ide, which could be solved simply with a platform-dependant trick.

The lazarus code has also turned into a similar domino-lining effect which plagued delphi vcl and rtl, they just keep adding and using new unneccesary functions in the code, and at the end the linker barely has anything to strip away, you end up with a lot of rtl code that your app will never ever need, and most of this has to do with initializing code of each unit, they are the worst way to build a proper runtime library.

Not to mention the way they handle resources.. they are simply all converted into code files and linked into the app as large DATA CONSTANTS.. for crying out loud, how hard it is to use native os resources support (like win32) or maybe just use external files which are perhaps even manageable in a normal way by the programmer?

And don't get me even started on using GDB in lazarus.. i'd rather have NO debugger than that pile of poo.

Yes i sure am badmouthing lazarus a lot, perhaps i could help them solve these problems? but i don't have the time, i could probably put up a help lazarus bounty? maybe the lazarus team can try qualifying for help on the google summer of code event?