Hey Savage, thanks for the info. Unfortunately my problem with using the standard DMG distros is that they require GTK/2 to be installed. Since I'm using Leopard FINK isn't available and I can't figure out how to install GTK by hand. Thus I had to go with the Carbon interface. I managed to get SVN installed, checked out the Carbon sources and built Lazarus for Carbon.

Unfortunately, nothing I build runs properly under Carbon . Command line apps all run ok, but the actual carbon apps just sit their doing nothing .

Guess they mean it when they say that Carbon is still in DEEP alpha mode.

To everyone else:
I don't want to start a flame war on architecture here. Yes, I'm running the Duo Core Intel MAC and yes I realize its similar to a PC (meaning Windows and Linux standard distros), but after using all I can say this thing blows the pants off other Linux and Windows distros when it comes to video editing.

Comparing apples to apples (no pun intended) I have similar hardware at home running Windows Vista and the latest Debian distros and I can see where the MAC rips them to pieces.

When it comes to installing and using 3rd party libraries though I can see where windows still wins hands down. Nothing like simply copying a dll into a folder and it works. On the MAC and Linux sides you have to install the .a or .so files and link against them or it won't work properly (damnit).

If anyone knows how to get GTK installed (easily) on Leopard let me know, until then I'm still fiddling with Carbon.