if you want me to do some graphics for your game, whatever it is, just ask me about it. i am open to ideas. i will pick a project (for which i can do polished gfx in under 20hrs), and work on it. if the art is not finished at 20hrs due to miscalculation in my abilities i will do the extra to finish the project.

did i mention preferably freeware/opensource games, just to stay in the spirit of things?

I believe 20 hours is plenty of time to complete art assets for a small game.

In regards to the competition, how many artists will be working on the gfx? A team of two or three would be great, wouldn't you agree?

I wonder if it would be possible to keep the genre options open, not limited by a specific style of graphics, eg. shmup, car racing, matchlotsofcolorgemswithamillionvariationsonthethe meallbeingprettymuchthepopradiooftheonlineandindie gamingworld, rpg, rts and all the rest that you know anyways.

a tileset, as i think was mentioned would probably be a sensible way to go.
64x64, png format, 24bit, alpha

would the peoples want them as distinct blocks that could be used in a sokoban game, or a jun and rump, or a matching-game, or a physics game, or breakout etc ORRRR as tiles like grass, dirt, water, sand etc for use in a rpg, rts, tank game, driving game? i mean tiles that blend seamlessly together, drived by a tilemap engine?

peace
lief