Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first finished game: bouncer

My first finished game: bouncer

Hello everyone!

I'd like to show you the beta of my project. The game is called "bouncer" and it looks like a pong clone, but it's different. Check the screenies below:

Download Bouncer:

http://necrodome.homeftp.net/chronoz...25b%20beta.zip(thanx michiel for hosting :razz: )
    http://nathan.filesources.de/Binairi...25b%20beta.zip (mirror)

The goal is to stay alive as long as possible. You do not loose a life when you let the ball pass, as in the normal pong game. You only get killed when you're hit by a missile or a flammable ball. Check the ingame help for more details.

If you don't like the level's/brick patterns in this game, you might want to modify bricks.txt. It contains the patterns and you can add your own. Check the comment's in that file for more info.

you need to install openAL before you run the game, otherwise initialization will fail.

Please tell me whether you like it, and what framerates you get.
    and If you happen to make some nice brick patterns, i would like to see them.

Have fun.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

This looks polished, i've only played it for a short while. Are you gonna post it on gamedev?
    Marmin^.Style

That's a nice idea thanx. but don't you need to be GD++ member to post a new "image of the day"?? :?
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Well you have to have an account. But that's not hard to do.
    Marmin^.Style

For a first approach on a game it's very nice.

The only thing I would change is the ball speed. Let it go faster in the beginning.

Anyway, nice graphics and gameplay. Gives pong a whole new concept
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Thanx Changing things like that is easy, but carefully balancing all gameplay element's is kinda hard. I didn't have enough time to do that.

Maybe i should include this option it in settings.ini. :razz:

Hmm.. is anyone interested in testing my project?? Only two tried. :?

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi hon,

Just tried your game, and I have to say, its not bad. In fact I'd go as far as saying its pretty good.

Nice simple idea. Looks nice, seems to play nice, but I do have one fairly major complaint (unless I missed it)... the lack of a single player mode.

Nice job :-)

Performance:- My machine is an Athlon 64 X2 running at 1.9GHz with 2GB RAM. OS is Windows 2000 Server. Graphics card is a 256MB GeForce 7600 GT (IIRC). The frame rate was showing around 366fps with the game configured to run at 1680 x 1050.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Thank you for the nice words.

Yeah... there is no single player mode. I could make one, but for now i think this project is finished. I would like to move on to the next thing. Having a single player mode is always nice, but not strictly neccesary to make it a good game. My experience with multiplayer games is that the replay-value is higher than the single player ones, so that explains my decision.

crashed on my machine. Probebly because I use vista with DX10. Here is the log:

MSG: ..:: NashaENGINE log-file ::..

MSG: Initializing NashaENGINE...
    MSG: Enumerating Sound devices...
    MSG: -- Sounddevice: Generic Software
    MSG: 1 sound-devices enumerated!

MSG: Initializing Graphics....
    MSG: Checking for hardware acceleration....
    MSG: --> A hardware accelerated device was found!
    MSG: Checking hardware capabilities...
    MSG: Validating display mode...
    MSG: Creating device....
    DXERR: --> ERROR_NOT_READY & DIERR_NOTINITIALIZED
    --> Direct3d-Device could not be initialized.
    APP: FATAL ERROR ON INITIALIZATION: Application will terminate now....

MSG: Terminating....
    MSG: ..:: Logger terminated::..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast