Thanks for your support Wodzu...I'm kinda of learning in my own special way if that makes sense...with no preconcieved ideas on how to do things...doing things that way i think may make me a more resourceful, better programmer?

Theres an awful lot learn, I've got a huge amount of questions that I need to find answers for myself. but there is lots of resources on this website, and you are all so helpful... and of course the internet is there...

also i'm picking bits up from other languges as well...so piece by piece something is slowly coming together.

I've got another question...open to anyone; I want to actually move onto Java; ultimately I would like to write mobile apps and games...but, a daft question it may seem; why do a lot of people choose Pascal? <--- thats probably a tough question to ask...but under my own admission as a beginner whilst I'm trying to get to grips with programming, I really don't know what I am talking about...but what are the advantages of Pascal lets say over Java?