Thread: What exactly was Dick Cheney looking at...

What exactly was Dick Cheney looking at...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/vicepresid...tdoors/06.html

Pay close attention to the reflection in his sun-glasses.

Having zoomed in on the image up, it looks to me that the picture of Cheney has been Photoshoped onto a generic green background. Pay attention to the area between the background and Cheney's hat and you'll see it was smoothed over, assuming you can zoom in with your favourite image processing tool.

I thought it was funny anyway.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

They didn't photoshoped his yellow teeth :lol:

I imagine he's a cigarette smoker, so they would have to photoshop it every photo they take. Or maybe he's really bad at brushing his teeth.

Hmm I wonder if someone has already written a photo filter called "yellow teeth fixer" similar to the red eye filters there are out there.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Re: What exactly was Dick Cheney looking at...

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    Having zoomed in on the image up, it looks to me that the picture of Cheney has been Photoshoped onto a generic green background. Pay attention to the area between the background and Cheney's hat and you'll see it was smoothed over, assuming you can zoom in with your favourite image processing tool.
    Isn't it JPEG artifacs?

BTW, I want that wonderfull photo-editor used in CSI-Las Vegas :roll:
    No signature provided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez
    It's true, the CSI teams have the best zooming algorithms in the whole universe!

I honestly don't care what he was looking at, or what his PR department was thinking when they decided to post it.

Frankly, having been to Montana, the Dakotas, and through Idaho--I'm going to say the background blurriness is legit. It can be a long way across those rivers, a hundred yards/meters easily enough, and if he's near the camera for that shot there's no way the camera can show the background. It's too organic to be a green-screen background, and it matches closely enough with the prior picture of Cheney fishing on the river with a rod in his hand.

No offense, but the speculation is silly. The "smoothness" is a combination of JPEG artifacts, as are the "tassels" on his hat, and given the right natural conditions (which are easily found in the Rockies) the over saturation can make things seem slightly artificial--if you can even stand to look at them. I lived in the Rockies for seven years; I know this stuff because I saw and felt them first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    Quote Originally Posted by ?ëu?±o Mart??nez
    It's true, the CSI teams have the best zooming algorithms in the whole universe!
    i s2 csi las vegas
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!