Hello Pascal Game dev'ers,

I'm searching for something new as far as programming languages are concerned. I've used pascal, object pascal ala freepascal and delphi, but I see there are many other evolutions. I really like the pascal family of languages, as opposed to the C family. I like being able to read my code, that's my main reason for sticking with this family of languages.

My question is though, where do I go after pascal?

Overall, I'm looking for the language:
-Most modern
-Most used in commercial applications
-Most powerful
-Most resources to learn**

Emphasis on the last point, I want a language I can learn. The more books I can find the better. I also want a language that offers power. I don't want to be limited in what I can and cannot make. In other words, if I want to someday make an operating system, I don't want the language to limit me. I also want something modern. Modern in the sense that the language considers Object oriented programming, and perhaps even .Net library integration(But not tied to either of these features). Finally, if the language has hit on these three things, I'm sure there's some commercial applications out there.

Perhaps someone could even enlighten me on the history of these. Basically what I've found is that Niklaus Wirth has pretty much mastered the science of language creation, and he's touched on the three languages I've listed above. What's the newest, what's the future?

Thanks for any help!