Thread: Artillery Game Tutorial: Part 4 - Ready, Aim, Fire!

Blog Entries

Artillery Game Tutorial: Part 4 - Ready, Aim, Fire!

Hey everyone, it's been over a year delay, but I've finally got Part 4 of my tutorial series written and published here on PGD!

For those that are new to the series; It's about making an artillery game. I break up the game into several lessons for easy consumption and try my best to show you how it's done. It might be the best way to do it and it isn't really all that highly technical in comparison to newer versions of the genre, but it's a pretty good base to build up your knowledge and your own way to do the different things with it.

My new lesson is 'Ready, Aim, Fire!' which teaches you how to get your tanks to Aim and then Fire a shot object taking both the screen and dirt into account.

Check it out here!

Previous Lessons:

Part 1 - Introduction
    Part 2 - The Dirt
    Part 3 - Placing The Tanks
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

thats very good for new pgd's

nice work Will.
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Blog Entries

Thanks! I started writing these with them in mind. JEDI-SDL is a great little library for making SDL games. Plus this series gives something fairly simple to start on as beginners moving on to more complex stuff later on.

If nothing else it gives me an excuse to make and release low quality games. :lol:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Congratulations once again on pushing your tutorial series forward yet another step. As always, the combination of your clean code and easy-on-the-brain writing make for a solid beginner's article.
    Game-Dev Journal: http://skirmish.dreamhosters.com/devlog/