I'd be very wary of trying to bite off too much by trying to arrange multiple venues.. my time is scarce as it is and it's going to take a lot of effort to get a single event in place.. trying to co-ordinate multiple venues would probably be a disaster.

I realise that it's going to be difficult for people to get to the venue, which is why I want to place it in the most convenient place for the most people. Obviously that means inconveniencing others... but if we make a decent effort, it'll be a great weekend.

So far, it's looking like Oct/Nov time and in Germany, preferably near to an international airport.

I need more people to get behind this and push it, it will only work if there's enough people. So we need other pascal forums to get involved too.

We need enough people for about 4 teams, each team with 4-6 people in it. Evenly split. teams will be chosen on the day and will consist of coders, graphic artists, to a random theme, picked from a hat.

Initial thoughts are:

Topics, styles and genres will be placed into a hat. Each team's captain will take a genre, a topic and a style. This will be the game their team must create. (partly to limit scope to allow it to be finished in time and partly to speed up the creative process)

2D or 3D will be a choice for the team on the day.. there'll be no tech or engine restrictions. Use what ya bring.. as long as the core programming on the day is Pascal.

Any compiler can be used, it'd be a good idea to standardise for each team, but each team should be able to work with their chosen platform.. any impossible pairings will be ironed out.

Whilst the game development is going on, it'd be great if some people who've had successes in Game Dev using Pascal, did presentations. Perhaps about how they solved various issues or even talking about their game or engine.
People will be able to take a little time out from the coding to watch presentations by people.

After all coding is done, we'll get some people from outside to play-test the games and put a rating into a secret ballot box.

Prizes will be awarded to the winning team (perhaps a trophy or something) hopefully Dom can get hold of some companies to sponsor us for prizes, so all participating teams get something.

We're in June at the moment, time is short, so I need to know numbers very quickly.