Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PGDCon 2008

PGDCon 2008

This would be something I would be interested if it goes into its second year - I'm guessing everyone is independant game developers on this site, like me, well think of this I'm a beginner. Just fumbling around for now in Pascal as an amateur...Just started downloading the desktop stuff and some tutorials, as coming from MIDlet Pascal if you know what I mean by that...I live in the UK near London (you probably can find that out staff anyway)...if you think I could help and funds permit then I would be interested in it's second year (just spent this years development budget on a mousemat)

If you find out that I'm totally useless as part of a team - then could always make anyone a great cup of tea and just listen in and see what goes on...and learn!
    Determined to crack this programming lark...

PGDCon 2008

Dear Friends,

Sorry for the delay in posting this, things have been extremely hectic in my personal life lately and I've not been able to focus on the PGDCon at all, let alone any game development.

With the original date only a few months away and with no end in sight to my current load, I'm very sorry to have to back out of the event, in any capacity.

There is still time I feel for someone else to pick up the rains and arrange the PGDCon and given the amount of support stated, I'm sure it will be a fantastic gathering.

However, I won't be able to attend. I wish it were otherwise but I cannot realistically pledge enough time to do the event justice and for this I am truly sorry.

I wish whoever takes this on, the very best of luck.

All the best

JasonF

PGDCon 2008

It's a lovely idea, but until we all become rich and have ridiculous amounts of time on our hands, it will be difficult for some to attend.

Have you guys ever thought of a more modern meet? I know you cannot beat in the flesh, but a co-ordinated over the net video/voice meet could work (as an alternative for others who cannot attend at some other point in time)? Or something along those lines...... lol.

Blog Entries

PGDCon 2008

I think the original idea was to try to get as many pascal programmers in one place, at any capacity and try to do a slightly larger scale version of what NecroSOFT does all the time. Or a smaller version of the PGD Annual Game Programming competitions.

So much for PGDCon 2008, but maybe there is hope for this idea to take place in 2009? PGD is too small and widespread a community to make this event take off for everyone, some will have to be left out unfortunately, but if you can figure out the biggest allotment of people that can meet in one area that could be the start of a PGD-inspired community event that can take place annually. It then becomes something that, if successful, can grow into a bigger event. Provided it doesn't suck. :lol:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

PGDCon 2008

Speed game dev ftw!!
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345