Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unDelphix & Vista

unDelphix & Vista

Hi everyone, can someone please explain why my game runs at around 200 fps on XP and only 25 fps on Vista? The game is made with unDelphiX & Delphi 6.

Btw it runs in full screen mode, another game of mine, which runs in windowed mode, runs at the same fps as in XP.

Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

unDelphix & Vista

Which game?

The same have happened to me. When I run my DX application (using Clootie headers) in Vista it makes only half of the fps in XP. But if I run some applications, like Winamp, the fps increase suddendly :lol: Maybe it's because I have a laptop, and there is some sort of power-saving feature affecting graphic processing... or maybe it's just Vista sucks.

unDelphix & Vista

More likely you are using functions that predate D3D9 and Microsoft hasnt really put that ammount of effort in making the simulation of theese things fast in Vista.

As you might know, there's no such thing as DX8, 9 etc in Vista. All functionallity is simulated in software using DirectX10 as backend.
    Amnoxx

Oh, and this code appears to be an approximate replacement for return(random() & 0x01);

Phoenix Wiki
    http://www.phoenixlib.net/

Phoenix Forum
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com/viewforum.php?f=71

unDelphix & Vista

Thanks for the replies guys. So basically what you're saying is that I'm screwed with Vista. Thank you Microsoft :evil:

unDelphix & Vista

Time to leave delphix fullstop. There are now so many excellent alternatives. Since switching from delphix my productivity has gone up quite substantially. Mainly because making graphics for delphix with transparencies was always such a hassle and took time. It takes much effort to make a nice modern looking game in delphix. (btw this is based on the normal delphix as it was three years ago I don't know what the latest additions are like)
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

unDelphix & Vista

Hi

I have 2 games in UnDelphiX and work fine at XP and Vista (same FPS).

http://www.miniracingonline.com/desc...cingOnline.zip --> MiniRacingOnline with UnDelphiX 1.07f
    http://www.remakesonline.com/nemesis...nemesis008.zip --> NemesisOnline with UnDelphiX 1.08.2

Games are 2D and create with Delphi 2006

Kotai.
    www.kotai.es
    www.remakesonline.com -> Nemesis Online & Bubble Bobble Online & Castlevania Online & Penguin Adventure Online
    www.miniracingonline.com

unDelphix & Vista

I have been away for a while, most people suggest asphyre, but I don't understand how I am supposed to make a game easily without a sprite engine?

It does have one does it not?

unDelphix & Vista

I've updated my display driver on Vista and now I get around 60 fps, much better :shock:

Not 200 fps on WinXP but better than 20-25 fps.

unDelphix & Vista

What is difficult about a Sprite engine? Just draw a quad with the sprite texture in it; and move it along . Some basic ogl or dx skills are needed, but everything is to be found on the net.
    Marmin^.Style

unDelphix & Vista

I feeel you are missing my point.

I have looked into asphyre and found it dos have a spriteengine and it is basically run of the mill like delphix. Works fine and was easy to adapt to.

The problem I have is that delphix has a spriteengine component you can dump on the form.

Why doesn't asphyre? I don't see the problem with a component at all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast