We're not doing bad for our first year

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
We are, no doubt, building a great community here, but I'm sure we can take it a few steps further, right?
Yes I think we can, but as with any community it is what it's members make it. I started the site to give people like us a place to go that was Delphi-only away from all that C/C++ stuff But now it's become quite a lot more than that. People are registering here and then saying 'Hey, it's a bit quiet' but we've come along way in 7 months and many of us have found new friends here.

I think that new members come here and see all the forums we have covering such a wide range of subjects and from their point of view it seems quiet because they have high expectations.

From my side of things, it's just a bit of free webspace I installed phpbb on and told a few people about :lol: so I'm amazed when I see really complex technical questions getting answered after just a couple of hours. A busy site isn't necessarily more useful, it usually has a lot of noise and crap posts (can anyone think of a 'game-dev' site like that :twisted: ).

What I'm saying is I agree that we could do a lot more, but we have to do it together and just saying 'it's a bit quiet' is never going to change it (not that I'm accusing anyone of that, just making a point).

So let's 'take it a few steps further' (to quote Traveler ) and see what else we can do with this site. Maybe we could get together a group to work on improving and promoting DGDev? If we do, can I be in it?