Thread: What's happening to Lazarus in Mac?

What's happening to Lazarus in Mac?

When I finally buy a Mac to develop, Lazarus is throwing an error whenever I try to define an event for a simple button inside a form :cry: The error is about not having the source code, but I have the sources, I checked the path, are there! :? Googling for that error, there is a bug tracking and they say it's solved, but it's still happening.

I installed the latest version of Lazarus, FPC and it's source. Which version do you Mac guys use??

I had lazarus working fine on my macbook, leopard. Yesterday the harddrive broke so i need to get it fixed.

What I really would love to see is some easy to follow SDL, free pascal and lazarus tutorials and samples for macos.
    The views expressed on this programme are bloody good ones. - Fred Dagg

I use the following shell script to build GameMaker on Mac OS X...

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

echo "Deleting All objs from previous compilation"
    cd ~/alienbrainWork/GameMakerMAC/Game\ Maker\ 7/Mac/YoYo70
    cd objs/
    rm *
    cd ..

Processor="`uname -m`"
    Kernel="`uname -s`"

echo "Building for...."
    echo "Kernel : $Kernel"
    echo "Processor : $Processor"

Target=""

echo "Which Processor would you like to"
    read -p "target ( i386/powerpc/arm ) ? " Target

GMode=""

echo "Would you like to compile for"
    read -p "2D or 3D mode ( 2/3 ) ? " GMode

case $Kernel in
      "Darwin")
        case $Processor in
          "i386")gui="carbon"; compiledunits="i386-darwin"; linkedfiles="-k-framework -kcarbon -k-framework -kcocoa -k-framework -ksdl -k-framework -ksdl_mixer"; entrypoint="-XMSDL_main"; exepath="./YoYo70"; compilerpath="/usr/local/bin";localshare="local/share";targetunits="$Target-darwin";;

"Power Macintosh")gui="carbon"; compiledunits="powerpc-darwin"; linkedfiles="-k-framework -kcarbon -k-framework -kcocoa -k-framework -ksdl -k-framework -ksdl_mixer"; entrypoint="-XMSDL_main"; exepath="./YoYo70"; compilerpath="/usr/local/bin";localshare="local/share";targetunits="$Target-darwin";;
        esac;;

"Linux")
        case $Processor in
          "i386")gui="gtk"; compiledunits="i386-linux"; linkedfiles="";entrypoint=""; exepath="./YoYo70";compilerpath="/usr/bin";localshare="local/share";targetunits="$Target-darwin";;

"i686")gui="gtk"; compiledunits="i386-linux"; linkedfiles="";entrypoint=""; exepath="./YoYo70";compilerpath="/usr/bin";localshare="local/share";targetunits="$Target-darwin";;
        esac;;
    esac

case $GMode in
      "2")graphicsmode="";;
      "3")graphicsmode="OPENGL";;
    esac

$compilerpath/fpc YoYo70.lpr -S2dg -Os3 -Xs -XX $linkedfiles -WG -vewnhi -l -Fl/usr/lib/ -Fl/usr/X11R6/lib/ -Fl/sw/lib -Fu/usr/$localshare/lazarus/lcl/units/$compiledunits/ -Fu/usr/$localshare/lazarus/lcl/units/$compiledunits/$gui/ -Fu/usr/$localshare/lazarus/packager/units/$compiledunits/ -Fu. -FUobjs/ -o"$exepath-$Processor" $entrypoint -dLCL -dLCL$gui -dYOYO70 -d$graphicsmode

cd objs/
    rm *
    cd ..

$compilerpath/fpc YoYo70.lpr -P$Target -S2dg -Os3 -Xs -XX $linkedfiles -WG -vewnhi -l -Fl/usr/lib/ -Fl/usr/X11R6/lib/ -Fl/sw/lib -Fu/usr/$localshare/lazarus/lcl/units/$targetunits/ -Fu/usr/$localshare/lazarus/lcl/units/$targetunits/$gui/ -Fu/usr/$localshare/lazarus/packager/units/$targetunits/ -Fu. -FUobjs/ -o"$exepath-$Target" $entrypoint -dLCL -dLCL$gui -dYOYO70 -d$graphicsmode

case $Kernel in
      "Darwin")lipo -create "$exepath-$Processor" "$exepath-$Target" -output "$exepath";;
    esac

# cd YoYo70.app/Contents/MacOS/
    rm "$exepath-$Processor"
    rm "$exepath-$Target"
    # cd ../../../

echo "Deleting All objs from previous compilation"
    cd objs/
    rm *
    cd ..
    This shell script should also work on Linux as well.

Amend as appropriate and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Re: What's happening to Lazarus in Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by cronodragon
    When I finally buy a Mac to develop, Lazarus is throwing an error whenever I try to define an event for a simple button inside a form :cry: The error is about not having the source code, but I have the sources, I checked the path, are there! :? Googling for that error, there is a bug tracking and they say it's solved, but it's still happening.

I installed the latest version of Lazarus, FPC and it's source. Which version do you Mac guys use??
    Are you using overnight builds or building it from Trunk?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-