I don't know if there's any MSX owner here, but I decided to write a MSX Pascal compiler. That's why:

After finish a fair stable game library (Allegro.pas, test it if you didn't! ) I decided to step back to my origins: the good old MSX system. I almost forget everything about Z80 microprocessor and the MSX hardware, so I looked for information and I found some C and Pascal compilers for Z80 (Did you know there were a Turbo Pascal for MSX? Me didn't!), but that compilers where discontinued, closed and/or non-free.

So here I am with this new bizarre idea. :roll: The objective for version 1.0 is to build a compiler for simple Pascal programs, non Object Pascal, non optimized code, etc. I think I can do it because “simple Pascal” isn't too complex to parse, is it? I never did a compiler before but I did a small script interpretor and a complete math analyzer some time ago. And that wasn't so hard as it seems.

I wrote a brief description about what I want to do. If somebody else has interest or is curious about this project (retro game lovers, where are you? :mrgreen, I'll answer your questions. Any comment and suggestion will be welcome too.