Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second version of FPC for iPhone SDK 2.x available

Second version of FPC for iPhone SDK 2.x available

More news from Jonas...
    As promised last week, I've released a small update to the FPC for iPhone SDK 2.x. The changes since the previous release are:

* Mention that you need a certificate from Apple to run self-written applications on an iPhone/iPod Touch
    * Installation script mentions its location whenever it aborts
    * Link to wiki page with more information
    * Xcode template now ignores FPC configuration files
    * Xcode template handles Xcode reassembling previously compiled files (e.g., in case the current SDK is switched)

So apart from a couple of tweaks to the Xcode template, most changes are only to the documentation and the text printed by the installation script. The included FPC version is identical to the one of the previous version.

The download link is:
    ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/fpc/snapsho...arm-iphone.dmg

Also see the wiki page (thanks, Dmitry) for more information, especially if you did not use FPC for iPhone SDK before:
    http://wiki.freepascal.org/iPhone/iPod_development

Enjoy,

Jonas
    PS: there is no "upgrade" package available because this distribution is handled like the other snapshots for simplicity reasons (and I also don't think there are that many people who already downloaded the first release)
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Re: Second version of FPC for iPhone SDK 2.x available

Believe me : this ROCKS. It's allowing me to code on the PC, and port on the iPhone.

I'm currently working on 2 games with it, I'll keep you informed about the validation process with Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Momor
    Believe me : this ROCKS. It's allowing me to code on the PC, and port on the iPhone.

I'm currently working on 2 games with it, I'll keep you informed about the validation process with Apple.
    So how's it going?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

Count me in as wanting to know. Id love to have an iPhone title in the works.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hey Dudes,

Sorry for the lack of news, but I had to work on a few iPhone apps for some guys - yeah made with FPC !

It's working GREAT. Here's my latest App Store publishing :

http://www.momorprods.com/quizzparty

I've written my own little wrapper which seamlessly allows me to code & test the app on PC, and compile and final test the app on iPhone.

Thanks for this goodness !

Can you give some more information on the technical details of your wrapper? Are you using SDL, Objective-Pascal or something completely different?
    Would you consider releasing your wrapper as open-source?
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

This is great news and CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm currently using MonoTouch to write an iPhone game with the idea of possibly switching to XNA so that we can port it to Windows Phone 7. I may switch to FreePascal if it is easier.

A couple of questions. Are your iPhone games selling? How much does Apple take off each sale, roughly?

Dom.

Hey Dudes,

Sorry for the lack of news, but I had to work on a few iPhone apps for some guys - yeah made with FPC !

I've written my own little wrapper which seamlessly allows me to code & test the app on PC, and compile and final test the app on iPhone.

Hey Dudes,

Nice work!

I for one would definitely what to know how you are creating an iPhone game on the PC when I thought you required a Mac

It would be great to be able to make, if not properly test, a game on the PC using freepascal that will also work on an iPhone...

cheers,
    Paul

I'm guessing that on PC the game makes OpenGL calls while on iPhone is make OpenGL ES calls. If that is abstracted correctly, the same code base should work on both. Just need to account for multi-touch and screen resolutions then.

Oh so, to answer your questions:

- QuizzParty sells modestly, for some reason it works honestly in France (around 40 sales per week and the lite version reached #2 with 1,100 downloads a day) but did nearly nothing with the english version ... probably the worlwide market is extremely overloaded

- I've made a wrapper unit which encapsulates PC (OpenGL + WinMM + SDL_Input) and iPhone (OpenGL-ES + C calls to framework functions) calls for all the low-levels functions I needed. The PC and XCode main application loop are different, but at the end the core application loop, logic, sound and display remain the same code.

As a last test, I did use FreePascal to make a test iPad app, and it works extremely well. Let's hope that the SDK TOS will be updated in a great way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast