Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dage - Dog Adventure Game Engine

Dage - Dog Adventure Game Engine

Greetings..

I would like to announce my newest project called Dage.

Dage is 3d Adventure Game Engine. It is made with Delphi and GLScene.

Download latest version: Dage Engine v0.0.8 1.4mb zipped, 4mb unzipped.

Few screenshots.

Current features:
    • Dynamic actor shadows
      Character animations
      Collision detection
      Scripting with Lua
      Interaction with scenery

Goal is to create a complete engine with scripting possibilities and appropriate editor and to release it as open source for anyone to create classical adventure games in 3d. Well lot to do with that goal, but just playing around
    Current projects with Delphi & Lazarus: Dage - Dog Adventure Game Engine.

Ooooh nice... Looks good.

Have a look at my 3d adventure game engine: http://3das.noeska.com .
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Blog Entries

Thats awesome. You should put some big 'ole eyes on him that follow the mouse cursor.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

That is looking really good. congrats.

I agree about the eyes. They'd make the dog look much more realistic (and cute. :lol: )

Hope to see more of this.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

looks really good
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Thanks everyone Dage is totally in playable condition, but I publish first demo when I get scripting to work decently. Now everything is hardcoded to exe.

I will not put eyes for the dog.. because...

1) It is the cartoon version of Bergamasco.
    2) Merely for showing the engine, not trying to look cute.
    3) Artistic reasons.
    4) More coding
    5) I can later on make many ingame jokes how it can see anything
    6) The upper head is already looking at different interesting objects throughout the scene, so making eyes follow the mouse cursor would be too much..

But thanks for the comments..

First Beta release of the engine.

Download: Dage Engine v0.0.3 1.4mb zipped, 4mb unzipped.

Be sure to take look into data\scripts folders. Nothing fancy there but something to see how the scripting might work

I guess DagEngine is having some framerate trouble, because I added only three collisiondetected, dynamically shadowed and animated characters and the FPS dropped with 60% to 89fps with my computer. I have an old laptop anyway. But I fear scenes with multiple actors might be hard to realize. This will be only for high-end machines

I went with Lua, cause it is superb lightweight and extremely hard to use. If anyone have experience with Lua, I would have some questions how this scripting should be made properly Now I have to add by hand every virtual call and property setting, and it is kind of frustrating.

There might be some problems with NVIDIA cards for showing shadows for actors. I don't know why. :/

Very impressive or so I think anyway!!!

I have some questions though:

1. How did you find working with GlScene to be? (setup and getting it working).
    2. Did you make the models and what in?

I'd love to have a bash at making a cool little thing like this, but I don't want to get in way over my head haha!

Thanks Chesso.

1) Well using GLScene after installing was no pain (had some trouble installing the latest CVS to Delphi 6). Everything works very logical and intuitive way I think. Imho the biggest problem in GLScene is that it doesn't have any kind of manual or Wiki to look into when problems arise. It has though quite active news groups that I could rely on problems and questions.

2) All the animations, models and textures are made by me with 3D studio Max and Photoshop.

Real problem making this engine is the Lua. There is practically no active Pascal/Delphi wrapper unit so everything must be done by hand. Luckily there are a lot of documents with C and C++.

Ahhh using Lua scripting?

My plan (with another project not related to GLScene/3D), is to create my own specific purpose language, nothing too complex to begin with, but the idea is obviously to create myself some documentation along the way that outlines some general and basic standards so adopting more basic, or less advanced versions in perhaps other software applications will become very easy and still purpose specific.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast