Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dage - Dog Adventure Game Engine

Re: Dage - Dog Adventure Game Engine

Hi,

I tried the game out on a borrowed laptop. I was quite suprised that I only got about 2-3 fps on it. I'm not entirely sure about the specs but I think it's somethink like 1,89 gHz dual core, 2 g of ram and some ATI graphics chip/card.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

chronozphere, if you click magnifying glass icon on top left and then coffee cup, does that work?

pstudio, are you sure the laptop does have good graphics adapter? my ati mobility radeon gets 120 fps..
    Current projects with Delphi & Lazarus: Dage - Dog Adventure Game Engine.

I made a video to showcase most important features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vwqGnne-1k

Looking good. Everything works here.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

I also tested it, looking good! Running at around 120 fps here
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Dage has been updated almost tridaily basis. Now it features plugins, like script object property editor, transform tool, script editor (all thanks to Synedit + JVCL) and other features like conversations, animations, and much much more. Join the hype!

See Dage Forum for more information...

I've managed to implement A* pathfinding algorithm using navigation meshes in Dage. It was easier than I thought. Gems are very good and informative books.

Hey, huge upgrades has been done to Dage Engine, I ported the engine to Lazarus and this gave engine a port to Linux. It was pleasant surprise that it went really smoothly. No trouble there.

I want to port this engine also to Mac, but I couldn't get Lazarus working on my roommates macbook.

So I need your help!

I need someone who has done work with Mac and Lazarus, knows how to install GLScene and SDL libraries to Mac.

Please add me to MSN messenger if you are interested.

Greetings,

Pauli Suuraho

Last image is showing off the post glsl shader support..

very nice !
    I'like the idea to make an complete editor and automatize all the stuff could be.
    I'm working and a editor too, but for 2d stuffs.

You all speak about lua about script engine, but it's integration is hard in delphi, in my opinion. And the script itself is not "revolutionnary" (it could be easier to handle)

Why not something like pascal script ?
    http://www.remobjects.com/ps.aspx

by !

I could help you porting Dage to Mac. I've just added you in MSN.

As for Lua, I think Lua is a good choice considering cross-platform development (even for mobile platforms like iPhone and GP2X) and it has become de-facto standard for game scripting.

While Pascal Script might be nice, it is considerably slower than Lua and only works on Windows and Linux.

Granted, understanding how to integrate Lua in your own applications can be a lot of work, but there are few Pascal libraries out there to speed up that process.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast