Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dage - Dog Adventure Game Engine

Re: Dage - Dog Adventure Game Engine

Hi Stoney !
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney

As for Lua, I think Lua is a good choice considering cross-platform development (even for mobile platforms like iPhone and GP2X) and it has become de-facto standard for game scripting.
    For cross platform, ok, it's a fact, but for me, lua will drive in a project an underliying sdk, so, in cross platform problematic, lua is really the easy part, isn't ?
    For de-facto standart, I'm less in this way, above all, for game programming, normally, the de-facto standart is c. So why we are here ?

While Pascal Script might be nice, it is considerably slower than Lua and only works on Windows and Linux.
    oh, I didn't know that. But When I wrote, I thought more about PaxCompiler than a REMObj PascalScript. But I'll retain that. I use only one time Pascal script, and perf was not a prob... but it was not a game.

Granted, understanding how to integrate Lua in your own applications can be a lot of work, but there are few Pascal libraries out there to speed up that process.
    I'v only see certain libs on the net ( delphiLua ot other) and to make the stuff working was not completely a cool journey, and it was difficult for me to imagine use it in a big project, in this state.

But ready to see that in action throught Dage !!

More of that, I looked on lua from several day, cause of Iphone project that I have.

Re: Dage - Dog Adventure Game Engine

Quote Originally Posted by Vinzvega
    For de-facto standart, I'm less in this way, above all, for game programming, normally, the de-facto standart is c. So why we are here ?
    That's why I wrote game scripting and not game programming in my previous post.
    Freeze Development | Elysion Game Framework | Twitter: @Stoney_FD
    Check out my new book: Irrlicht 1.7.1 Realtime 3D Engine Beginner's Guide (It's C++ flavored though)

Programmer: A device for converting coffein into software.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234