Just going to throw my $0.02 into the pot for all those who don't like the new look.

I've just switched one of my sites from using a heavily customised theme to one of the 'out of the box' ones provided with the software... the reasoning was simple... I dreaded upgrades because every upgrade broke my theme and the customisations I'd added. Now I don't worry. Using an off the shelf theme with minimal tweaks makes my life easier. Whilst the old PGD theme was great, it was (I think Will will agree) a maintenance nightmare because it was so heavily customised (like a lot of the behind the scenes code, such as the article system), this meant the board was running old code because it was such a pain to upgrade.

So, on that front... Big up for Traveler and Savage. Great job guys.

As for this is wrong.. that is wrong... there's no theme with x... no theme with y... it's kind of like the comments that crop up about a lack of content... I want more tutorials... I want more of this... I want more of that...

Well... here's the thing see... this is a community site.

There's nothing stopping you creating a theme and sending it to Traveler or Savage. They may not use it. Then again... they may be glad of the help. Everytime this kind of comment comes up, it gets my goat because there are a hardcore of people Will, Traveler, Savage to name a few who keep the site running for the rest of us, but they can't do everything. So if you want to see more articles... why not write one? why not contribute news? why not organise competitions? why not contribute a theme? a new logo? Don't just say these things and throw it open to the 'community' to fix.

I want to see PGD grow again, but that will only be possible if more people contribute... I try to... admittedly I've not been around much, but there are a few articles with my name on and I have from time to time resolved some server issues, so I feel justified in saying this kind of thing.

I love this site and I like a lot of the people who hang out here, so lets help build it up again and return it to what it was a year or two ago.

Your community website needs YOU!