First of all, I'm glad that this forum exists. Rock on!

Unfortunately, I'm not fan of the new look for more reasons than I have time to mention. Here's my beefs...

1. Way too bright... my coder eyes are strained enough. I can't abide white backgrounds and neither can most other coders who sit for marathon sessions. I'll be back once in awhile to check for the addition of some dark SMF themes under "Look & Layout". Please?

2. The logo reflection (egregious design clich?© #1) is inexplicably skewed... so it manages too look bad while simultaneously being physically impossible. Howabout a design competition to get something pro up there? Something simply not in Helvetica could give the site a little bit of branding back.

3. The gloss effect (egregious design clich?© #2) in the site header is mysteriously bowed. Yowzers, that's a lot goin' on.

4. The hover effect in the site menu removes the background shading. This is unecessary and distracting.

5. The old site design had a lot of flavor. It was instantly recognizable, unpretentious, and it just felt "lived in". By comparison the new default theme is like a dentist's office.

Please take these criticisms as encouragement. Long live PGD!