Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: A new PGD

Blog Entries

Re: A new PGD

The News forum could be restricted...? But the projects forum is not... perhaps it's that noone is putting up a post on the front page where many would like to see whats new and exciting as soon as they visit the site. I did a post... maybe it's a good start to help pickup where PGD started to drift?

Also check out my new online magazine idea I've posted about in this thread: http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...p?topic=5670.0

I'm asking for content for it now.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

A BIG BIG thank-you to both of you for manning the battlements and keeping the site functional!!!
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Thanks to all who have helped make this new site

BTW. is there anyway I can get recent posts to appear on the home page without using the babylon theme?

If I use the babylon theme, I don't get the pascal highlighting...

If I don't use the babylon theme and use another insteaad (pgd-default, ect.) then I can see the highlighting, but no recent posts (without selecting unread posts since last visit)...

It is too easy to miss posts when I am getting pascal hightlighting

cheers,
    Paul

I agree with Paul, the new site is very nice. Excellent work guys

I would also like to see the recent posts on the home page
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

I definitely agree: boxes on the main page are useful and more attractive
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

The recent posts box is not part of the theme I used to base the PGD upon. I'll see if I can fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    The recent posts box is not part of the theme I used to base the PGD upon. I'll see if I can fix that.
    Thanks for that Traveler, keep up the most excellent work

PS. it would be great if I could continue to use the babylon theme - IMHO I find it better set out and it has the recent posts on it. The only downside is no pascal highlighting

EDIT: I did just notice on the SMF site itself that when version 2 comes out it seems that the Babylon theme and some other 'older' themes will be dropped.

Long live PGD!

cheers,
    Paul

Simply put: much better. And Much faster.
    Marmin^.Style

Athena, instead of performing the optimization on every visit (this will get slower over time). Try catching the error and upon it performing an optimize.

PHP Code:
    try{

// Code to run against sessions table
    }catch ($e Exception){

OptimizeTable(sessions);

Show(please hold);

Redirect(URI);

I know that isn't proper code, but its from the top of my head. That "should" fix the problem. Though I don't have much experience with SMF, I have had to work around the corrupt tables thing for our Community/Social Networking engine many times.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jdarling
    Athena, instead of performing the optimization on every visit (this will get slower over time). Try catching the error and upon it performing an optimize.

PHP Code:
    try{

// Code to run against sessions table
    }catch ($e Exception){

OptimizeTable(sessions);

Show(please hold);

Redirect(URI);

I know that isn't proper code, but its from the top of my head. That "should" fix the problem. Though I don't have much experience with SMF, I have had to work around the corrupt tables thing for our Community/Social Networking engine many times.
    Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not actually performing an optimisation of the DB. The code I added literally just deals with repairing the sessions table. Every time I've repaired it manually, it's only been at most 10 records, so it shouldn't slow down, but it's just a slight performance hit.

And what do you know... I logged in to find a message from Will (Thanks by the way hon, Traveler or Dom beat me to fixing it) telling me the messages table had crashed.

There is some optimisation that could be done, such as trying to read from the table and only issuing a repair if it fails, but I was a bit busy at the time and I've not gotten around to fixing it up.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast