Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: A new PGD

Re: A new PGD

Yes, these errors trouble me as well. AFAIK In this instance they appeared to be related to full logs which could only be deleted by the hosting company. Apparently these kind of errors are fairly common on shared hosting servers.

The home page looks so nice with the post from Mirage It's like a breath of fresh air...a bit of color does amazing things
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Are you working on the site? I'm reading a lot of error messages around.
    No signature provided yet.

Unfortunately these error messages or not due to maintenance on our part. For the past week we (savage, AthenaOfDelphi and I) have been repeatedly in contact with the hosting company regarding these error messages. While they have shared some vague details with us about why it is occurring, so far they have kept us mostly in the dark about a permanent solution, despite our requests to make haste about it.

Anyway, we are on top of this, unfortunately there isn't a whole lot we can do, but to send emails.   

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We have had a slightly more detailed email this morning following a somewhat aggressive email from me. The problem relates to MySQL and it's retention of a temporary file which is, from what I can gather, filling a temporary storage area on the server.

As Traveler has said, we are aware of the situation and are working with the hosts to try and resolve it, unfortunately progress is a little slower than we (Savage, Traveler and I) would like as it is now I think the 8th or 9th day in a row this problem has occured.

From what I've seen of the site however, it is only the home page that fails to operate correctly when the problem is occuring. Certainly this morning, I was able to post to the forums and the library without any problems what so ever, and I've received personal messages when the problem is in full flow. That said, I did experience problems with other areas of the site a few days ago. So, my advice would be to avoid posting anything if you get the error on the home page. If you do, having read about this error on-line, there is a chance that some (or all) of the data being posted could be lost resulting in database corruption.

So, thats how things stand at the moment. We will do our best to keep you updated about the current state of play.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Thanks for the update guys

Quote from Traveler:
    The recent posts panel (or any panel for that matter) is not available in the pgd themes. When I have sufficient time available, I will try and add them.
    Any feedback on this? I realy think it's important

I know, I know, I've kept this one feature away from you guys for far too long. 

In any case, I have jumped into the SMF code trying to make sense of it all and I have what seems to be a workable Recent posts feature.
    As per test, you can use this new feature in the PGD-Dark theme. Let me know what you think of it, and if there's any problems.
    If it works okay, I'll add it to the light version as well.

It's perfect and seems to work ok

Thank you so much Traveler!!!

It works great, but its above the news articles. Leaving a massive blank space, IMO it would work better if you can get it to be next to the news articles.

Still, great job...

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast