Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A new PGD

Re: A new PGD

In my old account "Lifepower" I can't reply to posts, have no top menu (missing "profile", "My messages" and the rest of buttons) and on top it says "Hello lifepower", then floating dot "." and then "Unread posts..." on the next line.

Any way to fix these things?

Also, is there a way to enable attachment feature? A programming forum without attachments is somehow crippled.

Some remarks:
    -I dont understand the new private message system can it be made to work like the old system instead of showing all messages at once?
    -I miss the new posts since your last visit link.
    -IE8 sometime goes into compatability mode.
    -The logo could be better looking without the reflection, but that is a personal thing.
    -The new layout is fresh and good looking.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For anyone thats looking for the new posts... it should be under your username in the header. At least that's where it is for me when I log in.

Hope this helps.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

what a shock, just opened up the site and i thought i had been redirected to a spam website...personally i think it looks aweful... it looks like just any other programming website on the web, the old look, as soon as i seen the colours and layout, i knew straight away, pascal game development, now i think.. er just another coding forum....

a few problems include...

1. I use a 24" monitor 1920x1200, i could fit quite alot of the forum on screen to check for new posts, now i only fit 5-6 forum bars.

2. Difficult to see for new posts.

3. Difficult to read, too bright, my wife will complain if i use this website through the night and wake her up.. lol

4. SMF is not a secure forum software. nor is phpBB, but i'd say it is better then SMF.

;MM;

Hello.

I like the new design, even though I was a bit lost at first, but now I got used to it. Just like the previous member noticed, this script is very unsecure, as we've been already spammed (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...37.0;topicseen)...

Quote Originally Posted by Brainer
    Hello.

I like the new design, even though I was a bit lost at first, but now I got used to it. Just like the previous member noticed, this script is very unsecure, as we've been already spammed (http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...37.0;topicseen)...
    Yes, the e-mail confirmation needs to be enabled, otherwise you get instant access to the forums upon registering. Also, the human verification is a bit simple - perhaps using some add-on might improve it?

P.S. Savage, Traveller. Can you please fix my "lifepower" account so I can post?

Quote Originally Posted by lifepower2

P.S. Savage, Traveller. Can you please fix my "lifepower" account so I can post?
    Hi Lifepower,
    Not sure why your profile got messed up, I want to wait until Traveller is back on MOnday before I start messing around with the internals of this new forum.

Thanks for pointing out the spam, I've deleted it and will talk to Traveller about making the registration more secure.

<br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Ok, so I have to agree with the others now after using the site for a bit. Its very difficult for me (partially color blind) to read. The links on the gray are almost impossible (I have to highlight posts to read them now). Simply taking the text to pure black with the links to a darker shade of gray would work out in most cases (at least for me).

Since SMF does support multiple themes, maybe install a few so people can pick what one they want, or hold a contest here on the board to design a new look and feel for it.

Yip, having a possibility of chosing your own themes isn't a bad idea.

Also, if it's possible, I prefered the menu to be on the left hand side of the site. I'm not really used to anything in the top, but it's not really a big problem. I don't want to complain to much as long as we don't have any spam around our forums.

Glad to see the new forum software installed and working! Congrats!
    The default theme is not so bad IMHO but I hope there are some better themes.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast