Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A new PGD

Re: A new PGD

Congratulations with the efforts getting the site more active.

One further point to look at: If I click on "forums" I get a 6 screens long of forums to browse. People should be able to select the right forum after a quick look, not need to scroll down a 6 screens long list.

The front page needs serious work: People should be able to immedeately see what the site is about: Serious "mainstream" game development. The news section and other features of the old design did help with this.

There's already 5 different themes to choose from, I'm using one of them and it seems to be working just fine.

FFS stop ranting and look around! And you call yourselves programmers...
    If you develop an idiot proof system, the nature develops better idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by dmantione
    One further point to look at: If I click on "forums" I get a 6 screens long of forums to browse. People should be able to select the right forum after a quick look, not need to scroll down a 6 screens long list.
    I agree that the list is too long. Perhaps shrinking some forums or putting several together? (I would'nt mind if you put Asphyre forum in a generic forum dedicated to third party libraries).

Quote Originally Posted by vgo
    There's already 5 different themes to choose from, I'm using one of them and it seems to be working just fine.

FFS stop ranting and look around! And you call yourselves programmers...
    yeh and they are all white/bright ugly themes. blue/green/gray was much better colours (old forum style)

Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Layout & theme: The points about colors and contrast are noted. I'll look for a different theme later this week.

Articles: As noted on the front page, there will be a new system soon (dont know yet how soon). It will most likely be wiki-based.

Smileys: I've added a bunch of new ones to replace the odd smf versions.

Private messages: I'm not sure if its possible to change the way this works. Maybe through a add on or something. I'll try and see if I can find something about that.

Attachements: attachements are enabled. Use the Additional Options link under the textarea to get more options.

Lifepower, I've sent a PM to your 2nd account about your original account. I've fixed the problem, you should be able to login again with everything enabled.

Why is my ip shown? And not as logged?
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Quote Originally Posted by noeska
    you only see for your own posts. (admins of course will see all)

Hi guys,
    For your information, a few days ago I change the theme for my account from the default one to "Classic YaBB SE Theme" instead, but I then noticed that I only have these menu options at the top of the screen:

"Home" "Help" "Search" "Profile" "Logout"

So that meant I couldn't find the forums without doing a search, and I could never see the new posts, etc. either.

I have now changed back to the default which fixed these issues.

Maybe this will help someone too.

cheers,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by noeska
    From the help:
    IP addresses are shown to administrators and moderators to facilitate moderation and to make it easier to track people up to no good. Remember that IP addresses may not always be identifying, and most people's IP addresses change periodically.

Members are also allowed to see their own IPs.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast