Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A new PGD

Blog Entries

Re: A new PGD

Hey Alex. You should have noticed by now that there have been 1 or 2 spammers that got in. May I suggest you take some measures to restrict their access by adding some of the keywords to the ban list. Other than this there may be mods that allow you to detect accounts using keywords in their profile information that they provide.

If I have some time this week after classes I'll talk to you about my experience with this on the old PGD site.

BTW there are a lot of older [pascal] blocks existing in the older forum posts. Any chance on making these into code blocks some how?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Will,

I'm obviously not Traveler but I may have some answers (at least answers that are temporarily applicable).

I noticed the spammers and quickly jumped on their accounts and the offending posts. I also tightened up the user registration options a little as I didn't want to interfere too much with what Traveler and Savage are doing. The tweaks seemed to stop them... for now at least.

As for the PASCAL tag... I'm on the case, trying to get a code highlighter plugin cooked up that will support the tag natively. I've got a software release to worry about today, but I'm hoping that a little later this week I'll have a solution sorted.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Hi Athena,
    I just did a quick search and found this...
    http://www.simplemachines.org/commun...topic=290024.0
    Not sure how useful it might be.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

For those who believe the default theme too bright (like me) I've found that the "Babylon" style is more comfortable. Test it.

I liked the old style and logo. I hope you're working on it, aren't you?
    No signature provided yet.

No, the 'old' theme and logo are not returning. A new theme with a darker background and more contrast is in the works though.

Blog Entries

Oh one more 'nag'. I also noticed that all the existing (old) posts have a "NEW" icon beside it. This sorta makes it hard to sort new from old aside from the "Unread posts since last visit" page. May want to consider running a SQL command on the mysql server to set this value to false for all "old" PGD posts.

Cheers

Oh and for Athena; There was a mod for phpBB that Dom and I had stuck somewhere for the highlighting we had in the old forums. Did you manage to get a copy of this? If not I supposed I can dig and find it for you...?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Oh one more 'nag'. I also noticed that all the existing (old) posts have a "NEW" icon beside it. This sorta makes it hard to sort new from old aside from the "Unread posts since last visit" page. May want to consider running a SQL command on the mysql server to set this value to false for all "old" PGD posts.
    WILL, you can click on a forum header and then click "Mark Read" and it will mark all posts in the form as read. Granted its quite a few clicks, but it doesn't take long. About 5 mins when I had to do it.

Now if only I could figure out how to set my theme I might quit going blind trying to read things

Blog Entries

Hmm well that wouldn't be so bad for me I guess, but others might not be so patient. :/

As for the theme, it's not so bad (for me anyhow) except that I have a hard time seeing what is going on by the icons. They are too bland for my likings. Otherwise the rest seems quite clean.

But I can see why others would like a dark theme too. I'd just never be caught doing an all nighter anymore... I'm not in my teen-years jacked up on hormones anymore.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by jdarling
    Now if only I could figure out how to set my theme I might quit going blind trying to read things
    Goto your Profile. Then click on "Look and Layout Preferences" (under "Modify Profile" menu). On this page you should read a "Current Theme: Default Theme (change)" or similar. Click on "change". Currently there are four to select.
    No signature provided yet.

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quick request for some feedback regarding a code parser.

Check out this link http://athena.outer-reaches.com/smf/...ic=2.msg2#msg2 and lets see what you think.

This is a tweaked version of X3mE SMF Syntax Highlighter. I basically took his original code and have extended it to include support for a PASCAL tag rather than CODE=Pascal. He makes the statement it's still in beta, but from what I've seen the Pascal support seems OK.

It is quite a nice little tool as it supports copying the code to the clipboard and viewing it in a standalone window. It's also pretty neat as it places hardly any additional load on the server as all the formatting is done client side by javascript.

So, this is what I have for Traveler for the site. Comments please
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast