Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3d Engine Collision

Re: 3d Engine Collision

hi, interesting post, i have been having bother with the collision still, so i will definatly look into what you have mensioned. if you have any articles or tutorials on .x based maps in FPS i'd love to read them. thanks.

;MM;

for posting sake, i thought i'd post how far i am with my 3d engine.

i have now implemented map/world collision, it maybe is not best atm but it works for what i need. and it seems quick. also bare in mind i have not done any optimisations yet.

a couple shots >

to test it out, download it here > http://www.meka-meka.com/projects/accel/18032009.rar

first to load is the room. to try the land rename the cell.x and rename _cell.x to cell.x then re-open engine.

let me know what you think

;MM;

Blog Entries

Nice grass!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

thanks, it is not the best atm, it is just as example, once i add variance to the land and add some plantation etc then it will look nice, however the main priority right now is indoors, which now my engine can load any .x model (static) as a map/world. but i have tons of plans for the engine.

Textures do not work in the room example.

In the landscape example colision works but when moving forward and the terain goes down the camera goes floating, maybe it is time to add some gravity. (could be as simple as to always try to move the camera downwards until a colision is encountered.

Just curious how to you handle collsion checking now?
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Quote Originally Posted by noeska
    Textures do not work in the room example.

In the landscape example colision works but when moving forward and the terain goes down the camera goes floating, maybe it is time to add some gravity. (could be as simple as to always try to move the camera downwards until a colision is encountered.

Just curious how to you handle collsion checking now?
    strange, textures work for me and my beta team, and can you tell me how to replicate the floating problem you found? thanks. baring in mind this is a fly by camera, it is not intended to be walking on the surface. also for the room, the textures are in the inside of the room, the camera is loaded outside, you need to move the camera up and back down into the room.........

gravity will never be applied to the camera, it will be applied to objects or actors, the camera can then be attached to an actor for example. anyways first i need to concentrate on effects now :>

after doing my own collision methods, i have read about newton, that it is not only physics but collision detection also. this has probably already been answered, i have searched the forum a little and found nothing good for me to read on implementation on newton 2.... so to try wake the forum up a little....

so again i will be using my 2 .x models as my map files, and would like to add collision detection and physics to drop in models.. does anyone had some examples of loading a mesh or so and using it with newton?

thanks in advance.

;MM;

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    after doing my own collision methods, i have read about newton, that it is not only physics but collision detection also. this has probably already been answered, i have searched the forum a little and found nothing good for me to read on implementation on newton 2.... so to try wake the forum up a little....

so again i will be using my 2 .x models as my map files, and would like to add collision detection and physics to drop in models.. does anyone had some examples of loading a mesh or so and using it with newton?

thanks in advance.

;MM;
    You really should ask on newton forum, there's quite a few delphi newton users there, and you can get all sorts of help related to this there as not many of those users visit PGD forum.
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis

thanks in advance.

;MM;
    maybe, but 1... i dont like the newton forum, 2 i'm trying to make this forum a little more active, (that is the reason i also do not like those 'google it' people - as they let forums die)

and thanks noeska, i will take a look at that

You really should ask on newton forum, there's quite a few delphi newton users there, and you can get all sorts of help related to this there as not many of those users visit PGD forum.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast