Quote Originally Posted by User137
Personally i'm more into casual competitions without rewards. It's that i wouldn't want competition to feel too grand and put such a pressure on... Something that might be constantly going on, could give more experience in game programming to many with that little motivation which is fun instead of money/etc. Maybe some contests would allow all programming languages too for publicity and activity on site. But i guess the competition site support some of those ideas too already
My intention is to make the competition site capable of dealing with a variety of competitions, with the aim of allowing smaller fun+kudos only competitions to take place more frequently through out the year.

RE: Pressure... my original plans for this years competition included stages. I personally liked stages, but after talking with Will, basically stages are gone... submit your idea document and then present your game by the closing date... nice and casual... and you get the chance to win some nice goodies as a bonus So... in short... you better enter