Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey lurker! Yeah you! Post already!

Blog Entries

Hey lurker! Yeah you! Post already!

Yes you guys who login but post nothing I've been seeing you. A lot of you. Why else do you think that the site has gone dead? It's not gone dead it's gone dead-beat. Post something.

Put your 2 cents in. Nothing interesting, say something and ask questions. This is a community so commune already.

Wouldn't you beleive it someone actually told me that the site and community was dead just today. I have to wonder why.

So in all seriousness guys post. It's making the site look quiet and dull. Not crazy about the site software ok fine, bitch about it. But for crying out loud don't let the site die in silence. Make this the community that it once was. A loud an fresh content-filled community with lots of on-goings. Just like I did right here.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Re: Hey lurker! Yeah you! Post already!

I quite agree WILL :-)

More people should get over any possible dislikes of the new forum/software and post stuff
    cheers,
    Paul

Well all i can say is that you only have yourselves to blame Let me explain ...

There's just sooo much information here and i have learnt a lot in the time i've spent wading through all the threads (i'm nowhere near done yet) - and that's the problem (imo anyway). Because of the sheer volume of tips/tricks/articles/tutorials/help/etc here, if you do have a problem and you're willing to do a little digging, it's probably been asked before so no need to post anything.

I've posted a little (i'm actually in double figures now :yay, but to be honest, at the moment a lot of the stuff is so far over my head it's in orbit and that could also be the reason why people aren't posting. I'm just a hobby coder. Usually gui apps which generally do what i want them to, but i know there's more efficient ways of achieving the same result. Being fairly new to the site the different forum software doesn't bother me and it looks like you're all a friendly bunch. If it's just how to do something theoretically, then i'll happily chip in. But for actual working code, unless it's something easy or i know how to do, i'll leave it to you PGD veterans

As soon as i get an idea for a project, then there's only one place i'm coming to for help ... that's here in case you were confused by my above ramblings - it's early and i haven't had my coffee yet

Keep up the good work

Windows Vista x64 Ultimate<br />AMD Athlon x64 4000+<br />Codegear Delphi 2009, Delphi 2007, Borland Delphi 7

Yip, I'm also a "lurker"

I agree with Ize, there's just so much to learn on this site

Will post when I need some help
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Another lurker here.

I'd like to post things but that requires me to spend more time coding, and I'm having exams in a few weeks. I check PGD almost every day, and when i come across an interesting topic, i'll post my thoughts and experiences.

It's just that i don't have enough time to really get involved in PGD. When i finished my exams i have more time though.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by chronozphere
    Another lurker here.

I'd like to post things but that requires me to spend more time coding, and I'm having exams in a few weeks. I check PGD almost every day, and when i come across an interesting topic, i'll post my thoughts and experiences.

It's just that i don't have enough time to really get involved in PGD. When i finished my exams i have more time though.
    +1 for me. I don't even have time to make my own original post.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

...I feel I'm one of those guys...
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Blog Entries

Well if you guys feel there is a nicer way to introduce new programmers to the site please let the staff know. Hopefully the new Wiki will be up soon and there can be a set of pages dedicated directly to skill levels of programmers and it can have it's articles sorted in that fashion... and in a more organized fashion.

There is always ways that we can improve the comunnity. Thats what makes the Pascal community so great... there is a more passionate user-base of the tools. So voice your opinions or ideas and let them be heard. I for one would like to see some tool maps and developer guides back up. I made up some lists showing all the compilers and game/graphics libraries of the time a few years ago... where did those go? Why didn't you guys update them yourselves?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

im one of those =\

Ii will try to post more and maybe create a topic
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

I'm one of those now.

The reason i'm not posting and browsing as much is because this website contrast scheme simply sucks, it's just not enjoyable anymore to browse it.
    This is my game project - Top Down City:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...y-Topic-Reboot

My OpenAL audio wrapper with Intelligent Source Manager to use unlimited:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...source+manager

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast