I think that people just need to start posting all their "junk" work that they keep to themselves. ie. show off some of the cool new project they've been slaving over for hours. This is the place to spill the beans as it were.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to start a new game project either. Post about it's development, show us what you can do or want to do. Have fun! You have a captive audience, just lurking and waiting to read (*ahem* and REPLY TO *hint hint*) In fact wouldn't it be cool if you guys just picked a weekend and did a 48/72 hour game creation session like NecroSOFT used to do and post all about here on PGD.

I've been cooking up some neat ideas and events to hold through my own brand 'Pascal Gamer' but half are waiting on specific things to happen first. Perhaps I should just offer up a challenge which I'll post all over the known forums instead...?

This is our community guys, you make the cool stuff happen. But you have to make that extra effort. Not hard, just takes a tiny bit of initiative.