Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hey lurker! Yeah you! Post already!

Re: Hey lurker! Yeah you! Post already!

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    What is this, International Lurkers Day or something?
    Jup, May 1st, Labor Day. Otherwise known as Lurkers Day.

Yeah it's pretty much quiet today. It's actually been like this for a few days now.

Mmmmm.... Maybe I should instigate another uprising...

Blog Entries

Been a fairly quiet week. Could have sworn that I keep seeing members logging in from the forums page. I don't have to go and bump this thread now do I?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

In that case, then i may have a content generating solution:

Why not have idle members, take on a newbiw and do a kinda 1-1 teaching things that people could follow? Like online pascal classes for free or something? I'm hard at work on my game engine (yea again, 7th one from scratch now and its feeling the pinch of clutter like all the others) so i'm 'lurking'.

but whatever, i dont know that much, its 11:30PM and i'm a weird enough mood for the playlist to play music from the classical section without me committing suicide or something. Damn music.

anyway, either that or we could grab all the best of pascal and make a mega library or something big you know? This is pascal and its games, so why not get the whole community involved, do something big, get it out there and have some people notice the power of pascal. Its underrated as a language if you ask me.

Oh, and one last thing, please post if you read this, i've been having a really lonely feeling lately (like no-one reads what I write). About time the holidays ended or I decided to do something huh?

cheers,
    code glitch
    I once tried to change the world. But they wouldn't give me the source code. Damned evil cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by code_glitch
    Oh, and one last thing, please post if you read this, i've been having a really lonely feeling lately (like no-one reads what I write). About time the holidays ended or I decided to do something huh?
    Hey yo

I read every single post on those boards. About 10 times per hour

I think I've reached a point where my code generation glands have run out. I have about 100 genious unfinished projects laying in my projects folder by now

I'm waiting to see what Ludum Dare theme will come up this year. It's going down in about 3 hours. If I get a good idea, I'll participate, but I have a looming exam at monday I need to study for

If anyone needs a "veteran" coder for something give me a call. I think I could use some braindead code monkey work
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Blog Entries

I think that people just need to start posting all their "junk" work that they keep to themselves. ie. show off some of the cool new project they've been slaving over for hours. This is the place to spill the beans as it were.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to start a new game project either. Post about it's development, show us what you can do or want to do. Have fun! You have a captive audience, just lurking and waiting to read (*ahem* and REPLY TO *hint hint*) In fact wouldn't it be cool if you guys just picked a weekend and did a 48/72 hour game creation session like NecroSOFT used to do and post all about here on PGD.

I've been cooking up some neat ideas and events to hold through my own brand 'Pascal Gamer' but half are waiting on specific things to happen first. Perhaps I should just offer up a challenge which I'll post all over the known forums instead...?

This is our community guys, you make the cool stuff happen. But you have to make that extra effort. Not hard, just takes a tiny bit of initiative.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Talking about 48/72 hour game creation session: I think soon one is coming up again
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

I must admit that I'm one of those lurkers too (or better : have become one). I visit PGD at least once a day to read through all new topics and posts, but other than that I don't actually have time for more due to real-life obligations.

And yes, I'm still working on "Phase 2" (almost) every day, but I don't have much time on my hands, so though progress is steady, it's not that I'm making huge progress. And I also update the project's satus on my homepage (as well as on the delphigl forums, where it all started), but posting about progress with a steady rate and releasing videos also takes it's time, and spare time for me is something rare nowadays. So at this rate it may be finished shortly after Duke Nukem Forever gets released

Other than that I see the same thing happening over at delphigl.com, where it is pretty quiet right now, but I'm pretty sure that once summer is over more people will return to coding again and we'll see an increase in activity (hopefully).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234