Thread: Play movie with Direct3D

Play movie with Direct3D

I am using PowerDraw (which uses D3D ) and I want to show a movie (.avi) on the screen. Does anyone know some code (Delphi preferred, I suck at C ) to access the DirectShow API and play a movie?

Thanks in Advance

Play movie with Direct3D

Delphi DirectShow components: www.progdigy.com
    If PowerDraw uses Direct3D8 you can try: http://clootie.narod.ru/delphi/downl...x_DMOTexture3D

In DirectX9 it's much easier throw
    There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Play movie with Direct3D

Quote Originally Posted by Clootie
    Delphi DirectShow components: www.progdigy.com
    If PowerDraw uses Direct3D8 you can try: http://clootie.narod.ru/delphi/downl...x_DMOTexture3D

In DirectX9 it's much easier throw
    Thanks! PowerDraw uses Direct3D 9; the various hints such as the unit "d3d9" and various names give me this subtle hint. Since it's seems to be easier, would you happen to have a little code snippet demonstrating the new, easy&improved DirectShow9?

Blog Entries

Play movie with Direct3D

Thought you might want to know that XCESS can use DirectShow, quite well. And it uses Amphaze's DirectX units to do this. If you need examples, there is a coded demo specifically for DirectShow.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Play movie with Direct3D

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Thought you might want to know that XCESS can use DirectShow, quite well. And it uses Amphaze's DirectX units to do this. If you need examples, there is a coded demo specifically for DirectShow.
    At the current stage of my project, I am affraid I cannot change to another libary anymore. However, I will check it out and see if your Demo code may help me any further Thanks