Thread: Motivator

Motivator

Hi all, here's my litte project called MyMotivator. It's a bunch of inspirational messages, put the sound on and enjoy It's written in pascal with Delphi 6. The fade effect only works in Vista, not in XP for some strange reason

Anyway, tell me what you think

The files:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f...4e75f6e8ebb871
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Re: Motivator

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
    Ps: How do I upload an image fo the screenshot?
    Did you try [ img]http://...[/img]? By the way, if you upload the images to Imageshack, Flickr or similar it builds some code you can copy and paste in forums and blogs.

[edit]Did you see the "embed" button at the screenshot page of your project? It includes the code you should use in the forums.
    No signature provided yet.

Did you see the "embed" button at the screenshot page of your project? It includes the code you should use in the forums.
    Thanks, I got it to work

Did anyone download my project?

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
    Did anyone download my project?
    I did. I did test it on WineHQ (don't have Windows) but it doesn't work.

The debug trace shows that it tries to load a lot of DLL that it can't find, then it catchs an unhandled exception. Here you have an extract from Wine's debugger:

Code:
    gmartinez@gmartinez-desktop:~/wine/Motivator$ wine Transp.exe 
    fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!                                                                
    fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x33b754                                                            
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\nss3.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                       
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\js3250.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                      
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\freebl3.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                     
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\xpcom.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                      
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\plugins\npnul32.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                 
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\sqlite3.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                     
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\nssckbi.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                     
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\plc4.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                       
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\nspr4.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                      
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\nssdbm3.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                     
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\smime3.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                      
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\ssl3.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                       
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\nssutil3.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                     
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\xul.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                       
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\plds4.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                      
    fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x2eae898, overlapped 0x2eae8a0): stub                                            
    0[19ab30]: nsNativeModuleLoader::LoadModule("C:\windows\gecko\0.9.1\wine_gecko\softokn3.dll") - Symbol NSGetModule not found                     
    fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
    Code:
    Backtrace:
    =>0 0x7bc3c6fc __regs_RtlRaiseException+0x4c() in ntdll (0x0032f8e8)
     1 0x7bc7f75e in ntdll (+0x6f75e) (0x0032fc48)
     2 0x7bc3bc2c RtlUnwind() in ntdll (0x0032fcc4)
     3 0x00463530 in transp (+0x63530) (0x0032fd34)
     4 0x00462504 in transp (+0x62504) (0x0032fd78)
     5 0x0044972a in transp (+0x4972a) (0x0032fecc)
     6 0x00450ce8 in transp (+0x50ce8) (0x0032fef0)
     7 0x00467271 in transp (+0x67271) (0x0032ff08)
     8 0x7b8769c9 in kernel32 (+0x569c9) (0x0032ffe8)
     9 0xb7f73a87 wine_switch_to_stack+0x17() in libwine.so.1 (0x00000000)
    err:seh:raise_exception Exception frame is not in stack limits => unable to dispatch exception.
    Don't know if it's helpful.
    No signature provided yet.

Hi, thanks for testing Unfortunately, I haven't tested it on anything other than windows The dll's that it tries to load must be the windows files, this is what's in my uses clause:

uses
    Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms,
    Dialogs, StdCtrls, ExtCtrls, Buttons, ColorButton, GIFImage, MPlayer;
    Thanks again for testing

I can't believe this post was viewed 129 times and only one person downloaded/made a comment

I downloaded and tested your motivator a bit (got XP Pro). I like the idea, but have some suggestions:

- It would be nice to be able to load your own messages. Some people will feel more inspired by other messages than the ones you put. No pun intended here.

- I don't like the green color you chose. While it's impossible to put a color that all people would like, it'd be nice to be able to choose it (sort of a theme option?).

- I could see the fading when closing with no problems (on XP).

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks DarkBow, I'm taking your suggestions into consideration.