Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Pascal Game Dev Magazine

Blog Entries

A New Pascal Game Dev Magazine

Who would be interested in working on or reading a new Pascal game development magazine? I'm thinking of putting together one with content and articles from others and editing it myself... any takers?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Re: A New Pascal Game Dev Magazine

I would write some articles for it, but i have to find time for it... So i cannot promise anything.
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Blog Entries

you know what noeska, why not just do an OpenAL primer then? Or something else non-OpenAL... Since it will be the first issue we'll need some basic stuff to introduce in the magazine anyhow.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Ok, I've thought about this magazine idea in my head as I finished off my day at work. And well, I'm going to try to do this anyhow. Why?

1) It'll be fun and

2) It'll help to get some long withheld exposure of whats really been going on with Pascal tools and game libraries and engines. There are so many projects out there and some really neat new tools that noone really knows what they can do after all these years of development.

3) This is the sort of thing I liked to do when I was a part of the PGD staff and posting news on the site. Something I haven't gotten to do much. I can get back in touch with former contacts and see what deals I can broker with them to boast Pascal once again in making games.

Content Needed:

- Code Bits and Tricks (OpenGL/DirectX/SDL specific to general algos and how tos)

- Project Showcase/Highlights (Show us what cool and interesting games and tools you've been doing)

- Opinion Pieces (write down your 2 cents on a word doc and send it in on something, lets discuss issues about the game/dev tool industry)

- Advertising! Post a link or graphical tag on your site somewhere and we'll give you a quarter/half or full page ad of your game, tool, community service or other project that you have.

I'm going to make up a small concept mag design just to show what it'll look like just as a motivator and to see what you'll be getting involved in. I think this will be a great benefit to the community so please make your contributions to it as every bit of it will be greatly needed.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hi WILL, If I ever finish my article, perhaps I could put it in the magazine?
    It is about colliding 2d box shapes with a 2d regular tile grid.

PS. how did you put pascal highlighting into your artillery tutorials?

cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries

Here is the concept cover I made up in an hour or so of work...

What do you guys think?

Yes, that would be excellent Paul. I'll be hunting down individuals for articles for this first issue soon. I guess you're the first to sign up then.

As for the syntax highlighting; I used a JavaScript script that can be downloaded here: http://alexgorbatchev.com/wiki/SyntaxHighlighter There are 2 popular versions 1.5.1 and 2.0. I use 2.0. I believe the PGD site uses 1.5.1? But there are instructions that are easy to follow just need to do a bit of reading.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

probably i can contribute with some text
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Here is the concept cover I made up in an hour or so of work...

What do you guys think?

Yes, that would be excellent Paul. I'll be hunting down individuals for articles for this first issue soon. I guess you're the first to sign up then.

As for the syntax highlighting; I used a JavaScript script that can be downloaded here: http://alexgorbatchev.com/wiki/SyntaxHighlighter There are 2 popular versions 1.5.1 and 2.0. I use 2.0. I believe the PGD site uses 1.5.1? But there are instructions that are easy to follow just need to do a bit of reading.
    erm...is there supposed to be a picture or link to a picture somewhere in that post?
    I can't see one...
    cheers,
    Paul

Blog Entries

Yeah sorry guys the site is supposed to show the image that I attached, but there seems to be a problem with how it does that.

Alex?

I made a post on my blog showing the concept cover. So you can see it there.

Well you can email all your content to me at jkamcmillen@hotmail.com and I'll add it to the magazine as I collect it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Yeah sorry guys the site is supposed to show the image that I attached, but there seems to be a problem with how it does that.

Alex?

I made a post on my blog showing the concept cover. So you can see it there.

Well you can email all your content to me at jkamcmillen@hotmail.com and I'll add it to the magazine as I collect it.
    The concept cover of the 'magazine' looks nice :-)
    cheers,
    Paul

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast