Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Pascal Game Dev Magazine

Blog Entries

Re: A New Pascal Game Dev Magazine

Update: Just received a great piece on Allegro.pas from ?ëu?±o Martinez! Thanks a lot ?ëu?±o, this will make a fine addition to the first issue.

That makes 2 contributors and counting... please get back to me all you other contributors.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I'm working on getting you pricing on small volume printing. Shouldn't be bad since all I have to pay for is the inc and paper and make the runs at night when no one is around. As for editing, I talked to my designers and we have some spare time coming up. I'll look for you online to talk that over

maybe lulu is a way (although expensive) http://www.lulu.com/
    http://3das.noeska.com - create adventure games without programming

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noeska
    maybe lulu is a way (although expensive) http://www.lulu.com/
    I did checkout lulu.com. Their best pricing quote for a 32 page(min size) paperback with color is $11.90 USD per unit. Black and white would instead be just under $6 USD. That is not including shipping if we could set that up for individual customers.

I'm waiting to see what Jeremy has come up with with his connections. So long as it remains viable I may take him up on what he suggests.

Update: I have 5 articles in the pipe! Keep em coming boys! I'll be surfing for my feature soon. Look out anyone working on super cool projects! Suggestions welcome...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Hi, can't wait. I for one will learn alot from such a magazine

Btw. It doesn't have to be in paper format...a downloadable format in pdf will do for me
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Blog Entries

Well another article has rolled into my inbox recently. Keep em comin' guys! There is still some more room in this first issue.

I believe I have about 4 or 5 more promised articles I'm waiting on. Not a huge rush, but sooner is always better I think.

I'm also looking at advertisements now too. If you want to put in an ad into the magazine for your latest game, tools, library, engine or any other related project, please let me know and I'll make some space aside for you. My current scheme will be simple to cross-advert. I'll show off your ad if you show off my mag on your site. It's that simple.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Hey guys, just a reminder to all the offered articles and have not sent them to me yet. I am still waiting for content from the following people...

- Frank van Gent
    - Dirk Nordhusen
    - Francesco Lombardi
    - Marten van der Honing
    - arthurprs (real name?)
    - Patryk Nusbaum
    - chronozphere (real name?)
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Arthur Pires Ribeiro Silva, thats my name (:

i will try to write the text this weekend
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

My real name is Nathan Schagen

Unfortunately, I'm unable to write any articles just yet because i'm preparing for my exams. I have a holiday in a week though, so I might be able to write something then.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Blog Entries

Hey thanks for getting back to me so soon guys!

Arthur: That would be excellent! Drop me a PM letting me what you would like to write.

Nathan: Not a problem, there is time. And there is space. Let me know via PM what you want to write and when you think it might be ready.

I have been working on the magazine's format and I've gotten almost all of the submitted articles put into the magazine. Save for my own. lol However just to give everyone an idea of what Sections will be in the mag, so far I have:

Community - containing Editor's Message and the What's New announcements
    Feature - Whatever or whoever I plan on featuring. This is the big deal of the whole issue.
    The Coder's Block - articles directly relating to programing or code. Tip, tricks or lessons in programming different things.
    Project Highlights - introduces or shows off different community projects (games, libraries or tools)
    Special Reports - this is general stuff that would be author's opinions or information about the indie scene or industry. It's generally non-programming specific stuff, but relates to game development and design as a whole.

If you have anything that you feel would fit nicely into any of these sections please let me know!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast