Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: A New Pascal Game Dev Magazine

Re: A New Pascal Game Dev Magazine

I think the mag will look great...

At the moment I'm busy writing an article on how to develop a simple memory game with Andorra2D. I will write more in the future, especially when I'm done with developing the crucial parts of PJP lib.

Keep up the work!
    No signature provided yet.

Will, i'm really not happy with the progress and text quality here,
    definitely i'm very bad to write

i will keep you informed

btw, when you pretend to release the first mag?
    From brazil (:

Pascal pownz!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arthurprs
    btw, when you pretend to release the first mag?
    Pretend? Well truthfully; it'll be out when it's out. lol But my hope is to get it out sometime in June or July. Thats material pending. So far I've only got 4 articles ready to be put in and 2 of those completed or started. I have a few things up my sleeve for content though don't you guys worry.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Will, maybe you can use these in the magazine? Maybe under tips & tricks...

MediaPlayer AutoRepeat:

http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...p?topic=5718.0

Fade in and out Delphi form:

http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...;topicseen#new
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
    Will, maybe you can use these in the magazine? Maybe under tips & tricks...

MediaPlayer AutoRepeat:

Yeah I can include these I'm sure. Would be great to have a proper introductory paragraph or so for each so that readers will know a little bit more whats going on. I can use one after the other for issues 1 and 2. The Coders Block is starting to fill up a bit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard
    I like the code bits and pieces, it's really what makes the magazine worth reading imo. However I really could use some opinion or review pieces too. There are lots of topics that these can cover. Everything from 'Why I'm A Pascal Developer' to 'My Favorite Graphics Apps Are' and even 'A Basic Rundown of Delphi Prism'.

Also besides just programming there are other aspects of game development and design that can be covered too; Graphics both 2D and 3D, Music and Sound, Story Writing, Video, Advertisement and Marketing, etc...

Lot of options and open space for these kinds of articles. So please feel free to just write something up and don't worry about skill level or years of experience, that'll come, the magazine needs content from all kinds and levels of the Pascal community.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

Oh another thing I though of, since I brought up reviews; How many Pascal-made games are out there? Quite a few by my count. Wouldn't it be nice to actually do a review of some of them in the mag? Game reviews are pretty much standard fare, you play the game and rate it based on a percentage, scale or by categories... could make a nice piece to put into every issue.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Yeah I can include these I'm sure. Would be great to have a proper introductory paragraph or so for each so that readers will know a little bit more whats going on. I can use one after the other for issues 1 and 2. The Coders Block is starting to fill up a bit now.
    Cool, can't wait for the first issue to be out I have updated the original posts as requested, let me know if it's ok...

Fade in and out:
    http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...6.msg46517#new

Auto-repeat:

Blog Entries

Yeah, they are alright I'd be glad to put those into the mag, however one should note that there is something to be said for exclusive content. I'm sure not many will see a point to reading it in a magazine when it's freely available online. But who knows it'll help me fill out the mag more.

On that note; It's getting close to June and the aimed date for publish of the first issue. I'd like to start rounding up all the articles soon so that I have time to edit them and get them all into the magazine for that date. I'm working on a cover and the main feature right now.

I could use an opinion article and some of those remaining articles that other have promised. Once I've gotten them into the magazine it'll be only a few weeks before I can get the website up and publish the first issue.

So this is a call for all those that want to write for the first issue to get on it and get me those articles.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    however one should note that there is something to be said for exclusive content. I'm sure not many will see a point to reading it in a magazine when it's freely available online.
    Well, see it as a condensation of what’s freely available on the web…

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast