Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PGD Annual?

Blog Entries

Re: PGD Annual?

It's different when you work under different time scales. If you are making a program under a strict time limit you get it working and worry about bugs and how well it does it later. Whereas if you have unlimited time you will try to do a really good job the first time which could also be a much, much longer time to "do it right".

Sometimes it's more rushed work, but then again it's also good to give yourself a kick in the ass to actually get the job done in a nicer time frame than "when it's done it's done".
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I completely agree on time-limited competition. One of the consequences is that developers have to make decision on what will go into the final game, because it is simply impossible to do it all and do it right and make it nice.

In my every-day game developing experience, most of the time, you don't ask yourself what to add, but what to cut from the game
    blog: http://alexionne.blogspot.com/

Any news yet?
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well... I'm waiting for some information from Will regarding previous contacts for sponsorship etc. and I'm in the process of writing a new competition management system.

The thinking (from me at least at the moment) is that we have the competition in the summer, with judges and stages (probably entrant defined - so they specify say 3 stage goals for each stage), lasting 3 months or somewhere in that region. Theme to be decided and released a day or two before the competition starts.

Thats all the news I have at the moment :-)
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

What would be cool it to release the theme when the compo starts
    NecroSOFT - End of line -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12