Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PGD Annual 2009 - Information Needed

Re: PGD Annual 2009 - Information Needed

I might be able to do some judging, but I can't promise anything. My exams have a higher priority and I don't know how much time I have during the summer. Moreover, I don't know how much time it takes to judge.

I also need to know whether a judge can join the competition. If not, I think I'll rather join the compo instead of being a judge, because I've never joined a PGD compo before.

I don't think the compo needs a theme (at least not a restrictive one). I think more people will be able to join then. However, I really like "The big race".

It would also be nice if we could ask Delgine to sponsor us. A DeleD 2.0 license would be a nice prize. DeleD 2.0 will be release in a few day's (they mentioned easter, but I'd give them some extra time, if they need it). It has basic skeleton based animation.
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

Personally I don't think a judge should be able to enter the compo. Others might not like that idea very much. For instance, if a judge wins the compo the other competitors will think he/she won only because of being a judge...

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Judges will not be allowed to enter the competition they are judging. However, there is scope for the competitors to score each others entries, but I don't think the annual competition should work on that basis.
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

Okay, that's clear. I'd rather just join the compo then.

Hope there will be enough people to judge. We need only 3 or 4 people do we?
    Coders rule nr 1: Face ur bugz.. dont cage them with code, kill'em with ur cursor.

If you need judges, when the compo is getting closer, just drop me a message. If you don't need any I'll be participating. Unless it becomes a very strict competition

I don't really care that much about prizes. Mugs or t-shirts or something like that would be enough for me
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

PGD Community Manager AthenaOfDelphi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was trying to keep discussion in this thread to a minimum :-)

But, the last competition, I was one of the judges and we had 3 people (I think it was Clootie, Sascha and me).
    :: AthenaOfDelphi :: My Blog :: My Software ::

If I have time I'll participate. I prefer summer.

Will teams be allowed?
    No signature provided yet.

Blog Entries

Teams have always been allowed, I can't see why that would change.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Count me out for an individual game entry Currently working on a new game at work 5 days a week so thats ennough for me If still needed I can judge if not I am interessed in teaming up with someone and writing subsystems like rendering (OpenGL or Direct3D) or physics (Newton). No actual gamecode.

Great. Then count me in!
    No signature provided yet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast