2 14.29%
  • Mac OS

1 7.14%
  • FreeBSD

1 7.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Better OS...

Re: The Better OS...

I'm a Windows user myself and I feel it fulfills my needs best at the moment.
    However I won't vote for any OS as I find it pointless. Just like voting for the best programming language.

I've tried Linux, Windows and Mac OS and I've experienced up's and down's with them all. No OS is better than all others in general.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Well that's it...

Windows is the bes... Errr... I mean most preferred OS on PGD...

I use Windows most of the time, it's my primary development platform. I use Linux for cross-compatibility and sometimes I just love tinkering around with all the developer toys that comes with it.

I read a quote about Linux...

'Linux...laugh in the face of danger, errr nope...more like do it yourself...'

Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

Found this joke about windows on the net:

Is Windows a Virus?
    No, Windows is not a virus. Here’s what viruses do:

1.They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.

2.Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as they do so - okay, Windows does that.

3.Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk - okay, Windows does that too.

4.Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable programs and systems. - Sigh.. Windows does that, too.

5.Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system is too slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. - Yup, Windows does that, too.

Until now it seems Windows is a virus but there are fundamental differences: Viruses are well supported by their authors, are running on most systems, their program code is fast, compact and efficient and they tend to become more sophisticated as they mature.

So Windows is not a virus.

It’s a bug.
    Wake up from the dream and live your life to the full

No signature provided yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12