Quote Originally Posted by WILL
1) How can I generate a sprite on a transparent background?
Render your scene and while you look at the render result (not the 3D scene setup), click save as and chose PNG as file format.
When doing sprites its a good idea to disable ground shadows (unmark Display->Ground shadows) and to hide the floor (unmark Display->Guides->Ground plane)

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
2) How can I set one of the cameras to render and follow the character as the animation plays each frame?
There are several cameras available. In the upper left corner of the scene setup window you can see which camera is active. Right click on the camera name and you get a list of all available cameras. There are predefined cameras for every direction (front, back, left, top etc) These cameras stay at the site they define and will follow your character. But I did not use it in a single case. I always do it the way like Alex suggested in the posted video. There are certain situations where you get much better results this way.
Anyway, you really should go through some manuals (esp. those that explain the GUI of poser). I make ALL my 2D characters with Poser. I really think its a great tool and it helped me out many many times....
Feel free to ask if there is something I did not explain very well or if there are other things you want to know.
Greetings,
Dirk