I am making an another Quake III clone(yeah, I know there are gazillions of these) called fpcQuake. This one is done entirely from scratch with FPC, with my own engine and components, and no source code used from Quake(partly because it's C, and partly cause it's not readable and partly cause I don't wanna).

While I've started the project a year ago, I haven't done much programming until the last half a year. The game is far from functional yet. Networking gameplay is not implemented, there is almost no user interface(aside from the engine console, which is not visible on the screenshot). It still does not support a lot of things Quake III does, like lighting(though it supports lightmaps), water and other volumes(pain zones, etc). The player models do not use shaders(which is a problem for models with any graphics effects), though this is the next on my list of priorities, just after fixing about 1000 bugs The collision detection, while highly improved is not yet quite as good as the one in Quake, and there are bugs with motion(motion acceleration is not implemented). The physics could be better. The graphics could use a bit of optimization to squeeze the most out of older machines(such as a Pentium Celeron 300, which is one of my test machines). Anyways, a lot of work needs to be done, and I'm expecting to make a playable version by the end of the year.

On the screenshot you can see a level with AI players(bots). The bots are actually artificially unintelligent, because they just spawn and do nothing. This was required for debugging purposes and I don't believe I'll implement a decent bot AI in the following year or two.

I'd release all the stuff, but I haven't really checked the licenses for the maps and models I use. When, and if ever, I do release the game I'll find license compatible models and maps. Currently I use GPL v3 for source code.

A screenshot(640x480):